cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,306 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Maki     Thank you.  Glad you found us encouraging!  Do stop by as you can.

'Til then - be well, don't smoke, and keep moving as you are able!

JACKIE1-25-15

Thank you for your support. I appreciate you keeping us going. Be blessed in your new ventures. I love it when we continue grow. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are very welcome Jackie, glad I could help . Get moving 3 is a great asset to the community . I wish for many more to find their way here . 

Sootie , sorry I missed your name here , but it is imprinted on my heart with gratitude to you as well and your kind words will not be forgotten . . I know I've missed others as well .. I don't like naming  people as honestly all of you have been helpful on my journey in one way or another so if you have attended this group you too encouraged my steps and thank you as well .

K I gotta get my two steps in to some pretty good toe stomping music and then a deck of light snow to shovel  .

JACKIE1-25-15

Good afternoon.  I have been around but did not get to post my challenge.  I did 26 minutes on the bike.  Got my heart rate of to 130 for a few SECONDS!  Feeling the burn.  Today is to be warm.  Not sure what I am going to do.  I do have a few goals for the day but they are inside. Have a MOVING day. 

YoungAtHeart

Stuck inside today with icy drizzle.  Going to take it (maybe) as an off day - unless it warms up enough to melt the sidewalks.  stay tuned.....you KNOW I don't do well if I don't get out.  I'd rather have snow so at the least I can shovel!

0 Kudos
Sootie

So---it was a black ice drive to work today and a black ice drive home. One hour for the morning drive.....about two and one half hours on the way home (this is usually a 28 minute drive!)

Too bad getting your heart rate up on a black ice drive does not burn calories......or does it? In any case, the stress CANNOT be healthy.

As Scarlett said---tomorrow is another day,,,,,,,and it is supposed to snow again.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Sootie That is just AWFUL!  I am so sorry you have to continue to drive in those conditions.  CAN'T be good for you. 

I ventured out to feed the birds and critters this morning, but not the rest of the day.  It was misting and cold and drizzly and I KNEW how cold I was going to be if I gave it a go - so i didn't!

SO  today is officially a rest day for me (and I made bread pudding!!)

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I am happy that you made it home. 

0 Kudos
Sootie

JACKIE1-25-15YoungAtHeart

Oh----really, you can always make it home if you just drive slowly and ignore the idiots. When you live here...you drive in this.....end of story. Thanks for caring

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Heading off to walk by the river before the frigid air moves in tomorrow.  In the low 40's today!  Also got my wash out to the lines to dry.  Gonna' be a GOOD day!

Sootie Hope your drive in wasn't too bad!

JACKIE1-25-15 What are you up to today?

Giulia  How's that limb pile coming?  Did you get your saw up and running, I hope?

Hope everybody is moving!