cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,116 Replies
Rosie1917

Quit Day today. I just joined and I took the advice of an Exer who said I don't need to get scared, just do something small like march in place for 15 minutes in my apartment. So that is exactly what I did today and it was really fun. My cats looked at me like I was bonkers, but I actually got a little bit done - turns out you can march while putting away dishes and tidying up. Hahaha! 

Giulia

EXACTLY!  Just walking around your apartment with high knee lifts (when you can remember!) is exercise.  And, as you said - marching while doing the dishes, brushing teeth, or just get out of a chair 10 times in a row.   It's all good.  Glad you've joined our little group here.  

YoungAtHeart

Giulia      I also LOVE working outside, although chain saws scare me to death.  I have enough trouble with box cutters and knives -  I cannot IMAGINE what I could do with a chain saw, so am not going to get near one!  That is a HUGE pile of limbs.  I have 1/2 acre of a line of forsythia bushes that need to be cut back almost to the ground every five years or so, otherwise they curve into the ground, root into a new line of bushes and the ones in the back cease blooming.  That will be my project after they bloom this spring.  Not as heavy or thick as your project, but lots and lots of bundles created that I have to lug out to the street for recycling.  Actually looking forward to it.

I think our gene pool is closer to our pioneer ancestors than most!!

Rosie1917 Glad you have decided to join us!  Before I drowned my Fitbit in the shower, I would march doing the dishes, washing my face, etc,, etc. to get to my goal of 10,000 steps every day.  Now I swim laps every day in the warm months and go for a walk almost every day in the others.  May not be 10,000 steps, but not buying another Fitbit to check!!!  You can also do jumping jacks with just the arm and leg motions and not actually jumping.  You will be surprised, I think, at how just that gets your heart rate up!

It's only in the low 20's now - but hope it gets up to at least 30 so I can get my walk in before FOOTBALL starts at 1:00!

Keep it up, everybody!!!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

After celebrating a marvelous birthday.  It is time to get back on track.  That Blue Hawaiian Long Island Ice Tea had 230 calories in it. lol Where is Maki‌? and indingrl

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Welp - I just finished my 40 minute walk in 25 degree wind chill temps - so hope I get credit for an HOUR!  Finished up with some curb step up and downs - with hand on street sign pole-  to work on my protesting knee - hope over time it will limber up if I keep at it

NOW for some lunch, then some FOOTBALL!

Sootie

Long walk today with the dog...it is FREEZING here again.....supposed to be like this all week. I don't mind the cold if I don't have to walk early in the morning (as I am not a morning person) or late at night (which is the only other time I can go during the week when I am working). So I really enjoy long afternoon walks on the weekends.....and so does Echo.

Back to work tomorrow.......

Giulia

Good going Nancy & Sootie‌  (can I hire you to be my press person?  Couldn't have asked for a better response.  lol)

Did some more leaf blowing today.  My shoulder was really feeling it from hauling around that sawzall yesterday, but now it's pain free.  Just gotta keep them joints lubricated!

Sootie

Giulia‌  I am available.....and ESPECIALLY since the daffodils?????!!!!!!! seem to be ready to bloom at your place?? HIRE ME!!!! Our daffodils are buried under about 6 inches of snow and more is expected Monday night. No daffodils will be seen "ready to bloom" here until late April or early May.

Giulia

I didn't say they were ready to bloom - just that they're "up."  I lived in NY for 56 years, 36 of them in NYC and 20 of them in a place where the snow plow would get stuck in our driveway.  So I know.  We're a month ahead of you in TN.  Keep the faith, kid.