Healthy Eating, Healthy Weight

i have times i can not stop eating. HELP
0 Kudos
1,708 Replies
debbie53

Me too....REAL SKINNY!!!! ROFLMAO
0 Kudos
Sandra3

Yeah I am so excited about this new group! Iam not crazy about calling myself a sea cow, but ok what ever works! I am turning 50 in Septemeber and I want to be the best 50 I can possibly be and this weight issue is second from the top of my list of things I have to change #1 was smoking! Thanks for doing this Nicole!
0 Kudos
nicole

Welcome to the group!!!
0 Kudos
nicole

It was denises idea.......thanks denise.
  Janique..... i was afraid to quit for fear of weight gain but i found that was just and excuse i had. I also think you wise for suggesting that we do one thing first....i feel secure enough in my quit that it is time to take on a new task.
0 Kudos
danielle28

Yes Nicole, I think that would be good. But, do you know about how many calories you take in right now?
  Some times, knowing that helps us keep our commitment to sticking to our game plan.
  Oh.... and try not to eat after 7:30pm. Your matabalizm (sp?sorry!) kicks in at that time, and you burn more calories while you sleep!
0 Kudos
janique

ok everyone i want to let u in on something that a longtime friend of mine recomended to me. I told her that I wanted to loose weight . I need to loose weight because I am considered overweight and have been for yrs. I will share my weight with u (215). no lie! it is depressing i know! anyways I told her that I wanted to loose at least 50lbs but I set a goal of 75lbs by 11-09 she had told me good luck. oh and here is a free website u should check out,so I did and it is a lot like this site too. www.sparkpeople.com. I have set up my exercise program and and they even have people who have or are trying to quit smoking. everyone please check it out.
0 Kudos
janique

just to let everyone know the 3 lbs i lost was probably water weight. but in my mind it was still lost until recently. i have gained it back but still the same not really going up or down guess i should be happy either way. my children are 8 & 9 1/2yrs and I still haven't lost the weight from them. yes they were back to back. 15months apart. I bought some work out equipment to help aide in my progress so wish me luck!!
0 Kudos
Charmed

I swear by weight watchers....It's so easy to follow...and very healthy but you still get to eat things you like. I need to start back up on it soon.
0 Kudos
ami

Hello girls, it's been a busy day for me from the very start!!
0 Kudos
Sandra3

Ok, so my story is................ (was that really a drum roll? Wow Nicole you did this site up right!) I am in the perimenopausal stages closer to menopause. AND I totally screwed up my body about 15 yrs ago with the NO FAT thing. I lost a ton of weight! WHat I did not know at that time is my body detected that I was starving it. SOOOOO as I started to eat the fat again, the body said OH HELL YEAH and stored it for future use, but the future is mid life and menopause and the metabolism is screwed up anyway. So OK I gained a bunch of weight and I can not get it off. I joined a gym about 5 yrs ago, and somehow messed up my right shoulder,I have no rotation there, I have a problem with my right foot, callous and bunions etc and walking is painful, both knees hurt, left hip BURNS when I walk any length of time. I have scoliosis, so back pain is a normal everyday thing, taking care of Mom, somehow in Sept., I pulled something in my right arm near my elbow and OMG it hurts if I twist the wrong way. So you see I am falling completely and utterly apart! There is nothing that does not hurt on me at some point during the day so my excercise dwindled to nothing. Now my calorie intake has sky rocketed! but it is not from food, I like wine. I like wine alot. I like 4 or more glasses of wine each night. EMPTY CALORIES. So I need all of ya'alls help to get me into a program!! Don't forget I am getting old too. LOL This is s depressing. But it is the truth. I have been a "big boned" girl all of my life, but this is pretty sad.
0 Kudos