cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katherine4242

Health Concious

some information you might like to know.... Years of smoking cigarettes make the body more toxic and acidic and the first step in detoxification is to get the body alkaline.

A daily Green Smoothie is the perfect alkaline food to bring your body back to a healthy pH. The fiber in the smoothie helps to sweep out toxins through the bowel, naturally. Greens are high in chlorophyll and the chlorophyll helps to repair free radical damage caused by the toxins in the cigarettes. Greens also help to stabilize sugar levels and that will be much needed as the body rebalances its adrenals.

Tags (1)
32 Replies
jaxkeni

Hi Katherine! I'm interested... I am generally rather "healthy" outside of my smoke-(too much!)-when-I-drink habit... and I've always known the real me is really healthy. I also like the idea of focusing on something else I CAN do instead of focusing on what I'm not supposed to do. 

0 Kudos
katherine4242

Please join the group JaxKeni, Have you ever tried the green drinks, I am also new at this so bear with me...I want to make this work and I am pretty excited to do it, hoping to feel better by doing it...if you have any favorite drinks please share them, ty Katherine

0 Kudos
rizza

Hi I just stopped smoking 2 days ago and love the idea of talking healthy.
0 Kudos
rizza

I am learning how to navigate this site. So please bear with me
0 Kudos
joyeuxencore

WELCOME!!!   We all hang out in blogs.

Click the link and come join us!

http://community.becomeanex.org/mod/blog/everyone.php

0 Kudos
katherine4242

you and me both trying to figure out this site, I don't even know if i am writing in the right place, but, oh well.....today I tried the  Fresh Start 3 big handfuls of baby spinach ½ pint raspberries (fresh is best) ½ pint blueberries 2 oranges 2 cups of water , but I half everything, It was different it wasn't a favorite but i could drink it....I guess I have to try a few different ones to get the taste i would like better.....Katherine

0 Kudos
patwilliams

I love green drinks! I have a nutra bullet and I love it, just an idea but I add vanilla protein powder to mine. It gives it a creamy taste and the protein is filling!

0 Kudos
katherine4242

what brand of protein do you use and where do you buy it.....maybe you would like to share some favorite smoothie drinks to the group, I know i would love it and thank  you for joining the group.....

0 Kudos
lmgilder

Hi Katherine..I am new also and trying to find my way around, My quit date is the 14th. I joined a gym by my restaurant it doesn't open till September. I have a mobia I'm going to start using.

I am trying to get everything ready before my quit date. I want to get healthy. I am so glad I found this site for support.  I am interested in the green smoothies but how do I get recipes for them.

Lynn

0 Kudos