cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

diamond01

Need Help

Hi I have quit now for 31 days, broke today and had 3, how to I get back on track?

0 Kudos
25 Replies
susan_m

I am so sorry to read this. You get back on track by puttimg them down and continuing on; regain your quit and take control back. Spend time thinking honestly about what allowed you to slip, and decide what you will do if you encounter it again. 

Protect your quit....don't give up on it. 

You're going to get a lot of advice....take it. You're worth fighting for!!!

Susan

diamond01

Hi Susan, I have been on the patch now I have stepped down, I am thing I should just go off the patch it might be better.

0 Kudos

I was on the patch also.  I found the first three days of stepping down were the hardest, but that was because I wasn't giving my body the nicotine it once had.  If you find you can go without it for a full day, then go without.  I had to do 8 weeks and then I went off, but that's just me.  You may have to go the 12 weeks.  see how it goes, but don't give up

0 Kudos
diamond01

so should I finish step 2, and then go to 3?

0 Kudos

yes, BUT if you ever have a day where you forgot to put it on, it fell off and you didn't know it, what helped me was that I always kept one with me.  For some reason for those 2 months or so, that was comforting that I had it just in case

0 Kudos
diamond01

Hi, I have 3 patches left in step 2, then I go to the last step, is it going to get worst since I smoked? 

0 Kudos

no, just get rid of those cigarettes and don't give them the what if loop hole.  Simply tell yourself when the urge hits, I don't do that anymore, that's just not part of me.  that's just something I used to do.  Be committed, stick to it, you can do this 😉

diamond01

ok, I just took out all the cig. got them went, and put them outside in the trash, tomorrow I have to babysit my 1 year old grandson so I will keep very busy, so thanks for all the help, I will check in before I go to bed. 

JACKIE1-25-15

You have to have a plan.  Keep cold water close by. Learn some breathing techniques you are going to need them.   Prepare songs to sing to grandson.  Maybe read some books.  Enjoy your smoke free day with him.