cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jennifer-Quit

Apology

It scares me that I can get so angry that I actually entertain the thought of smoking.  I scared myself last night - and I wonder if there had been a pack of cigarettes sitting there - would I have smoked one or two or more?  Even after all this time, anger is still my biggest trigger.  

I want to apologize to the entire community for my "rant" last night.  I still disagree with even having a leader board - especially if it is not properly maintained.  But losing my quit over something so insignificant would be a crying shame.  

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

23 Replies

No worries Jennifer.  We all have our moments and all need to rant.  AND you better NOT EVER EVER EVER blow your quit!!

0 Kudos
elvan

Anger is still my biggest trigger too and it is a whopper.  I can't count the quits I lost because I got angry.  When I saw the new format, I went back and forth between anger and crying and just feeling completely disconnected.  I missed everyone so much when I was away and here I was back and could not for the life of me figure out how to contact anyone.  Ranting beats smoking any day!

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

We have all learned a lot this past week.  I am available to help if I can.

0 Kudos
elvan

Thanks...seriously, I appreciate it.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jennifer-Quit‌  Apology accepted!  I don't honestly take those things personally.  We are working to make this community the best it can be.  We know we aren't going to get everything right immediately and that communities are a process.  I've managed several of them. Moving to Jive give us more ability to make the community stronger as a platform but it also needs to have strong supportive group of people.  The platform can't do much without the people.  We've just started that journey.   With the old community, it was held together with band-aids, tape, gum  and a whole love of Love.  I'm hoping the Love carried over and we can build off of the many great things that were established previously.  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Jennifer-Quit

I really love the new EX!  

0 Kudos
RachelMB

No worries my friend!  We all have to vent!

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Jennifer just like you are there for us we are here for you! ask me, trust me, losing your quit is a pain.Don't do it! No apology needed! I am glad you are here, you have been so helpful to me!  ~Terrie~

0 Kudos
Stopforgood

Understandable.  HALT has been my difficulty.   Especially AL!  Thank you for sharing and supporting us!

0 Kudos