cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

debby

help

anyone know where to get coupons to help with the cost of the chantix, got the script from the dr. called the pharmacy for price,, wow, i'm on disability and cant afford 120.00 all at once. can hardly get my other meds as it is.. i've been smoking since i was 9 yrs old i am so tired of this nasty habit.. i don't even like the smell, taste, i no longer enjoy smoking.. and i know it's the addiction that keeps me smoking,, help please.. i need the support of a group and am so thankful to find this site...
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
michael45

Sam's Club charged me $96.00

I was told by my health isurance providers that Sam's club will always be the cheapest.....
0 Kudos
libby

I also go the prescription and called our local drug store and it to was going to cost $120. I called the mail order pharmacy that we use thru work BC/BS and they covered it for a $20 copay. Don't know why. People tell me that Walmart has prescriptions really cheap, you might call them and see what they would charge.
0 Kudos
sally3

Starter pack at Walmart for me was$120. I just went over the weekend for my continuation pack and it cost $156. Wow!!!
But I figure I will just about break even. Before I was throwing it away on ciggarettes. I am going to try to cut back to 1 pill a day so I will have enough for the next month.
0 Kudos
Denise3

did you have any f those adverse side effects I hear a/b?
0 Kudos
tigs

Hi Debby:

I don' t know if you have gone to get things filled yet, but some states have programs to help people on medicare/medicaid to get chantix or other stop smoking meds. Also pfizer has a program to help people get their meds who can't afford full price. Information on their patient assistance program can be found here : http://www.pfizerhelpfulanswers.com/pages/misc/Default.aspx. Sorry, I'm not good at live links and stuff...but hopefully this will help people get the meds to help them stop the cigs! I feel sooo much better since I quit!
0 Kudos
amy5

I had terrible side affects - besides being very very nauseated (just 1 pill), I become very depressed. NOT suicidal, but still very depressed. I had to quit using it and try some other means. I'm using lozenges and cinammon sticks.
0 Kudos