cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

gina18

heres my story

i have 3 boys who should be my reason for quitting but its never enough. i didnt smoke for 2 days last week but on the third day i was coming up with reasons to go buy a pack. and i did . i have quit smoking NUMEROUS times and it always find a way back in my life. i dont have the will power but i dont want to die young either. all of my friends and family smokes. so im always around it. im only 25 but i have been smoking on and off for 13 years its my long term friend. and i too wish ciggarettes werent bad for you. but they are. i need help!!!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
leah9

Cigarettes are not your friend! They are not good for you and they totally don't care about you. I started smoking about the same time you did, quit to have a baby and started again when I got a divorce. Now I have been trying to quit for a couple of years. Here's the thing, I haven't always been completely successful in quitting for a long time but every time I quit I felt I was that much closer to never needing a cigarette again. My family smokes and I live with them. I have to smell it every time they are around me and I have to hear it in the middle of the night when my dad is coughing so hard I don't think he will catch his breath. He had to come live with me at 56yrs old because he smoked for so long that he gave himself CHF (congestive heart failure) and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). That's no life, let me tell ya. Keep quitting as many times as it takes. YOU are worth it.
0 Kudos