cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tamara2

Weight Gain

My quit date is tomorrow. I don't want to gain any weight while I'm quitting. Do you have any suggestions? Have you quit before and how much did you gain? How can I avoid it?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
nailah2

Hi Tamara, the best thing is to keep yourself busy, I gained a bit the first time I tried to quit because someone told me to chew gum or suck a sweet, but one was never enough for me, then I started on chocolate because I was getting emotional and quite stroppy, so instead of reaching for a cig I'd grab a bar of something, bad idea.
Keep Strong You Will Make It!
All the Best
0 Kudos
bren2

Well, I'm a Stay At Home Mom, so I'm getting an exercise machine. When I'm feeling a craving - I'll be on that thing. lol That's how I plan on wearing myself out and trying to ride through the cravings, and yet, avoid gaining weight. I don't know if it's going to work, but I'll find out.

I'm not sure what I'll do when I'm out becuase with five children, I'm out a lot. So that's still up in the air.
0 Kudos
diana3

For full disclosure, I sell a fat-loss patch. I actually "used" it to quit smoking. It has 5htp in it, which is good for addictions and depression - I thought I needed both. I was a full time caregiver for my elderly mother...she died July 27, and I quit August 30 of '08. In the process, I also LOST 30 pounds. The Lord saved me, because I actually ate MORE...my hand, even today, still wants to go to my mouth, but now it goes there with food in it, instead of a cigarette.

www.dianaspatch.com Check out the powerpatch.
0 Kudos