cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

bmarric00

Chantix

I started taking Chantix about 11 days ago. So far, they really have no worked at all. The first day, I started to not get much out of a cigarette and my cravings were slightly decreased. After that, they didn't seem to work at all. Once in a while they seem to kick in for a short time, other than that, nothing. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it possible I'm just immune to Chantix?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
cindy16

My dooctor said it takes about 2 weeks. I can feel now that cigarettes do not taste good. It has been 10 days for me. I have 5 cigarettes ledt. I will smoke them and thats it. I have had some constipation(I go but my stomach feels odd) and sick with morning pill. I also wake up alot in the middle of the night. Tonitght taking pill earlier than usual. Good luck. Let me know how you are doing?
Cindy
0 Kudos
bmarric00

Thanks Cindy. You're the first person who replied with any actual information! I have had almost no negative side affects so far. I occassionally get a mild headache, but it only lasts about an hour. And I have had some crazy dreams which I understand a lot of people have. Other than that, nothing. I do notice that I am smoking about half of what I used to. I don't know if it's psychological on my part or the Chantix.
0 Kudos
cindy16

Today is my first day no cigarette. I have been up since 6am and it is 9 am now. No cravings. Took full pill this morning and do not feel sick. Maling taking the half dose for 11 days built me up for full dose. I feel kind of gassy or how you fell before your period. That is about all.I really think I can do this. Craving is really gone but habit will be a challenge. I heard 72 hrs before nictotine is out of your system. My last cigarette was 7:30 last night. Good luck to all of us. Let me know if it seems like yoru cravings are diminishing. I quit today 11 days after being on chantix.I think smoking half of what you use to is the chantix working. I did not plan on quitting today. I have been trying to delay my first cigarette for a week now. So I have been takjing a shower and throwing in a load of laundry., unloading dishwasher then having a cigareette. This morn did all that. said to myself I'm not craving a cigarette. Lets see how long before I crave. Went on the computer, did my hair still no craving. Now 3 hrs later still no craving.
Cindy
0 Kudos