cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

I Slipped

I am not happy with myself. I was 5 days in. This addiction is a bear.  I'm back to my quit plan. I'm tired; the go round isn't Merry. Thank you for y'all continued support.

Taurusdagger60

12 Replies
sweetplt

Hi Taurusdagger60 ... I am so sorry you lost your quit...but don’t be mad at yourself...the thing is, you made it 5 days (congratulations)...and now you have a chance to do it right...Answer for yourself...why did you choose to smoke? How could have you done differently next time this situation, crave, urge, trigger, etc., comes up? It is important to learn from your choice and to do differently.  Then, I would suggest you read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX and prepare and become knowledgeable in your quit.  Also, rid all smoking paraphernalia the night before you quit.  Lastly, come here before you smoke, so we have an opportunity to talk you out of smoking.  You can do this...it takes hard work ... and determination...we are here for you...and want you to throw this addiction to the curb...Gotcha in my thoughts ~ Colleen 322 DOF ~

Exvape

It’s just a slip.  The good news is you didn’t smoke for 5 days.

Read Alan Carr’s book easy way to stop smoking - it will help you decide to stop and stay quit.

Exvape

JACKIE1-25-15

Education is the key to a successful quit.  Please take the time to do the homework that was given to you by @youngatheart.  All of it is posted on your last blog.  Start from the beginning.  Read Study Research Come here before you smoke.  

indingrl

Thanks for YOUR courage and SELF honesty - YOU are NOT alone - No worries - I used again and again too - SUGGESTED to ME - TODAY is a good day to be a NON SMOKER  - yahooooooo - gentle hug

Sootie

OK---so----just get back up...dust yourself off and start all over again. Read the materials suggested again and try to figure out......just where did you start to go wrong AND what can you do the NEXT time if that starts to happen. You CAN do this...we ll did and we are no different from you.

Stay Strong.

0 Kudos
green1611

it is normal to slip. not the end of the world.

I too slipped before, but now on day 2154 days smoke free. Ex community is awesome, we all are there  for your quit.

You will be successful. you need to be more mindful while next quit plan. make full preparation to quit. it is doable, and yes you can do it.

All the best...

0 Kudos
constanceclum

I was a chronic relapser for yrs. I'm happy you're getting right back "on the horse" It used to take me months before I would try again. My fear of failure and belief I could never quit increased with each relapse. Don't let that happen to you! I am rocking this quit this time at 61 I had smoked for 48 yrs.

Connie

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Most of us have many unsuccessful attempts to quit.  A slip means you get right back on track.  Don't wait for it to become a full blown relapse.  Did you do the preparation for this quit?  It makes such a difference to know what to expect and be prepared for thse trigger situations.   Don't feel defeated.  It's an addiction, it's not easy,  and it's part of the process.  So get right back on board and reach out for help before you smoke next time.  Give us a chance to talk you through those rough moments.   I know it worked for me.

Barb

GyorgyiM

Sign up for the Skinny Ms. newsletter and never miss out on fitness tips or healthy recipes from Skinny Ms. #cleaneating #fitness

Miles of Smiles,

Gyorgyi