cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Help

Not having a good couple of weeks lately. I’ll try to express what I’m feeling but not sure anything I write will make any sense. I’ll start by saying that last year I was diagnosed with severe anxiety and clinical depression. It’s not a daily problem but when it hits me it’s blinding. Nothing really brings it on so I really can’t put a finger on why it pops up. This week has been terrible. I can’t focus and it feels like a ton of bricks are laying on my chest. I do my breathing techniques and try to find a calm place within myself. When I get like this I cover it up with jokes and try to get on with life. I’m feeling damaged and broken and I can’t seem to climb out of this. I’m not going to do anything stupid so please don’t read this and worry. This as in the past will subside as it always does. I have never spoken about the extent of how I feel with anyone but I feel so comfortable to do so among all of you. Here I don’t feel alone. 

Wow I don’t wish this on anyone; it’s a dark pit that I find hard to climb out of. I always want to be upbeat and positive and that isn’t always easy to put on that happy face. 

This too shall pass. It always does. I think part of it comes from feeling lonely. Crazy to feel lonely when I have been with my partner for nearly 40 years. 

At least I didn’t grab a cigarette NOPE. 

Tags (1)
47 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Hi, Ralph, I am sorry, you are feeling this way and I apologize it has taken so long for you to have a response.  I'm maybe not the best person to help you in reference to depression and anxiety.  I feel those issues can be better addressed by a clinician. I am glad to know that I should not worry.  It is sad but you can be with someone and still be lonely.  I can understand that can happen. I am glad you feel comfortable enough to come here and talk about it.  Have you addressed it with your partner or mental hygenist?  I hope you find a resolution soon or at least what may be causing the problem. Keep us posted. 

Ralph1955

Thank you Jackie.  I suppose, as with any upset in life, it is yet another journey for me.  I'm dealing.

JACKIE1-25-15

You are not alone. We are here for you.  We may not have all the answers but we sure can listen, hopefully, point you in the right direction. Much love and peace for you in my prayers.  

sweetplt

Hi Ralph I am sorry you are suffering...my oldest sister has had both for many years....I see what she goes through and it is rough...she is on medicine which helps...but no miracle...all I can say is...I hope it goes away soon...and right now I am sending a prayer out to you...God bless hon...hope days start coming up...being aware of what is happening is helpful...~ Colleen 261 DOF 

Barbscloud

Ralph, so sorry you have to go through--it's a dark place to be.  I know there are other's on this site that experience this and it can take some time to heal each time.  I'm so glad you feel comfortable enough to share with us.  It really helps to have someone to talk to even if it's virtual.  Please reach out anytime you need to share.

Hugs

Barb

YoungAtHeart

Just as with quitting smoking, I have no magic bullet - wish I could send it to you to make you feel better.  Since I don't, though, I will send my caring thoughts and a hug that today might be a bit brighter, and each day that follows a bit brighter still.

107875.gif

Nancy

MarilynH

I'm so sorry Ralph I'm just seeing this post now, I'm sending up good thoughts and prayers for you my friend and Fellow Exer and most definetly EXtended family.. 

bd3f8b7cb068eea76ff3956cf845a235.jpg

Ralph1955

Thank you all for caring. Virtual or not I appreciate all of your kind words.

MarilynH