cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Help

Not having a good couple of weeks lately. I’ll try to express what I’m feeling but not sure anything I write will make any sense. I’ll start by saying that last year I was diagnosed with severe anxiety and clinical depression. It’s not a daily problem but when it hits me it’s blinding. Nothing really brings it on so I really can’t put a finger on why it pops up. This week has been terrible. I can’t focus and it feels like a ton of bricks are laying on my chest. I do my breathing techniques and try to find a calm place within myself. When I get like this I cover it up with jokes and try to get on with life. I’m feeling damaged and broken and I can’t seem to climb out of this. I’m not going to do anything stupid so please don’t read this and worry. This as in the past will subside as it always does. I have never spoken about the extent of how I feel with anyone but I feel so comfortable to do so among all of you. Here I don’t feel alone. 

Wow I don’t wish this on anyone; it’s a dark pit that I find hard to climb out of. I always want to be upbeat and positive and that isn’t always easy to put on that happy face. 

This too shall pass. It always does. I think part of it comes from feeling lonely. Crazy to feel lonely when I have been with my partner for nearly 40 years. 

At least I didn’t grab a cigarette NOPE. 

Tags (1)
47 Replies
Ralph1955

Just a quick update here.  My meds kicked in and I'm feeling a lot better. I guess I realized that just because I'm feeling good doesn't mean I should stop taking them.  Thank you all for your help and support; I could not have gotten through this without you.

Hugs,

Ralph

JACKIE1-25-15

Glad to hear the good news.  Thanks for keeping us updated. Hugs back and keep on keepin on. 

0 Kudos
elvan

That is GREAT news, Ralph, I am really happy to hear it.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Ralph, I feel bad I missed this when you posted but am so glad you got some good support here and are feeling better, I have a long prayer list for folks on Ex tonight and you have been added

Ralph1955

Well we are under a State of Emergency due to hurricane Dorian. Very stressed out and I’m supposed to be going to the West Coast on Friday morning. Had anxiety attacks all day continuously and they haven’t stopped.  So over it 

0 Kudos
MarilynH

I'm sending you a humongous caring hug Ralph along with lots of good thoughts and prayers that you and everyone in Dorian's path will be safe. Ralph1955 deep breaths!

Mandolinrain

Be safe my friend

minihorses

Prayers going out to you Ralph!  Being under threat of a hurricane is stressful.  I've endured many of them and hoping we don't get hit this year with one but Sept. is prime time in this state.  I feel for you having panic attacks, they can be so horrible!  I'm sending you love, prayers for the safety of you and yours and your ability to go on your trip.  Hugs!

Ralph1955

Feeling better but looks like my area Could get a cat 4 hurricane.  Canceled my going away of course. Now we wait.

minihorses

It's too bad you couldn't reschedule your trip  Dorian isn't supposed to make landfall until Tues. or Wed. 

0 Kudos