cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Pattyann1962

Day 4

Day 4 has been the most challenging. The brain chatter saying I can have just one for old time sake. It was scary getting gas today with out buying a pack.   I did it though. I’m so proud of myself I don’t want to relapse

5 Replies
PastTense

Look at you rocking 4 days of quit!!  

Technically, the nicotine is out of your system and now you work on breaking all the habits associated with being a smoker.  Like... stopping for gas.  I had this exact experience last week.  Driving away without buying a pack was a major milestone in my quit.  The oldsters tell us that every time we reject a bad habit, it becomes weaker.

I am here to tell you that it's true - but it doesn't happen overnight.  I am still struggling, so I spend a lot of time here to reinforce my quit.

You should be so proud of yourself!

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
sweetplt

Keep talking back to those voices in your head Pattyann1962 .. it is Nicodemon wanting you back...close that door (option)...Happy Wednesday...smile and take a walk outside...~ Colleen 254 DOF 

YoungAtHeart

Whether you relapse or not is all up to YOU!  You can choose to listen to that addict within, or talk your way out of the evil ways!

How cool is THAT?!

Nancy

Barbscloud

Big congrats on 4 days of success.   Now you know you can buy gas without buying cigarettes.  Now that's an amazing accomplishment.   Be proud--you deserve it!

Barb

elvan

Congratulations on four days, good for you.  I went through a Smoke Stoppers thing years ago and one of the things they did say that stuck with me was to yell the word stop when those thoughts start coming.  I had to learn to "yell" silently since I was working full time as an RN then and God knows what would have happened if actually yelled it out.  When I came here, I learned NOPE, Not One Puff Ever and I "yelled" that silently and it empowered me.  I could not believe I had never heard it before with all of my unsuccessful quits.  This one has been going for over 5 1/2 years and I NEVER regret quitting, I only regret not doing it sooner.  No crave will ever kill you but no one can say that about smoking.  You are doing great...one step at a time.  As OldBones-Larry‌ says, "One step, and then another, will get you to where you want to be."  

You are not on this journey alone, remember that.

Ellen