cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Banjomoob

Tomorrow is day 4

Hey y'all! First post. I hit my vape for the last time on Monday at 9am. Tomorrow morning will be 72 hours!

Do the withdrawal symptoms get any better? I've been feeling dizzy, light headed, unfocused, highly irritable and I'm wondering when these symptoms become lesser.

Side note: I was consuming roughly 25-40mg of nicotine per day via a big box mod vape. I'm worried my symptoms might last longer than just a week or two.

I decided to quit because I'm moving to St Thomas in the virgin islands and everything is expensive there so I need to be real careful about financial decisions. Plus I was tired of constantly craving a silly looking smoke machine. 

Ben Stillson
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Mzwim2016

Congratulations @Banjomoob !  Making it to day 4 is a great accomplishment.  Everyone experiences withdrawals differently, so it is hard to say.  I suggest pulling up all the information on withdrawal within this site and reading it.  Also, just pay attention to your body and be gentle with yourself.

Good luck and wishing you continued success!

0 Kudos
Banjomoob

Thank you!!! My big goal is to go 3 months cold turkey so I can throw a big celebration 🙂

Ben Stillson
Mzwim2016

You got this @Banjomoob !  Just keep reading and riding the wave!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Banjomoob Welcome to the Ex.  Sorry, I just saw this today.  This is day 6 now?  A big congrats on your success.  The withdrawal symptoms will get better, but be patient with yourself.  You've just eliminated a lot of chemicals from your body, so it's going to respond.  In fact, it's actually healing.

You're doing great.  Stay close and reach out if you need support.   St Thomas sounds like a great reward for quitting.

Barb

Banjomoob

Thank you for your comment 🙂

Ben Stillson
0 Kudos
BrowneyesPA41

Hang in there!  Hopefully your withdrawal symptoms go away sooner than later.  

Living life one day at a time.
0 Kudos
Banjomoob

Thank you! I hope so too. In the meantime I'm going to just tough it out. It'll make me stronger in the end 🙂

Ben Stillson
0 Kudos
ecmau

How's it going? Still doing well?

Banjomoob

Thanks for asking! Yes my quit is going well, I’m feeling the physical withdrawal symptoms a lot less. Still feeling a bit irritable and generally not as happy, but I know it’ll pass.

I appreciate your check in. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving 🙂 ❤️

Ben Stillson