cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

PastTense

Disgusting

I took a walk at lunch - great for craves and to counteract the crap I've been eating.  I walk past the entrance to an industrial park that posts a big sign saying they are a smoke-free campus.  All the smokers congregate outside the gate - and they are disgusting!

Piles of cigarette butts, food wrappers, empty cigarette packs, napkins, empty soda bottles

It's just a nasty.

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
16 Replies
Barbscloud

What's nasty, is people are slobs.  Smoking or not, pick up your garbage!

TW517

My wife teases me now when I make comments about "nasty smokers".  But I know what you mean.  I never ever littered my butts or any other trash for that matter.

PastTense

Barbscloud is right; other than the butts and cigarette packs, that trash could have been thrown by anybody.  So sad.

I will say that smoking related trash far outweighed "regular" trash.

Still disgusting

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
JACKIE1-25-15

We can see clearly now the cloud is gone. TW517‌ I too never tossed a butt.  It had to go in the trash.  Early in my quit when I a took a long walk I noticed all the butts on the ground literal litter.  Whew, it was amazing, I had never really noticed so many before. I thought about counting them as I walked but it was too many.  lol. Hindsight is 20/20 NEF never ever forget from whence you came. Keep America Clean.  Not only butts but bags, bottles, and trash.

Mandolinrain

Well I was one of them, when driving...I would toss them out the window. Guilty. I feel terrible now that I ever did that.

We live out on a country road and have to go out about once a week and pick up crap people toss out their window as they drive by. Gross. Today I bought one of those grab sticks to use so  don't have to touch the crap. It works pretty good

Its amazing how much more I notice others smoke as I drive by and see them out on the street or in their cars...their faces all contoured as they inhale. That was surely em. I am glad it is not anymore. Now I feel sorry for them. I know they look at me and wish they didnt smoke...because I used to do that too

Mandolinrain

Yes, and I didnt even know about this until AFTER I quit. Good thing to know.

0 Kudos
avian3

I remember them blowing through the back window and burning seats and dropping the cherry between my legs.

As I became a more sophisticated smoker LOL, I only put out cigarettes out in the ashtray and never threw them out the window or discarded them on the ground.

indingrl

CONGRATS walking off crave - happy NICOTINE FREEDOM- ❤