cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sg9588

disgusted with myself

Hi, my name is stuart.. I never really introduced myself before but I signed up for this forum a month or so ago. I originally set a quit date of Nov 17 2009. I actually went almost a month until Dec 13 2009. I don't know what I was thinking, I just know I missed cigarettes so bad. I did not even have an urge for them or anything, I just simply missed them. I guess I got tired of this constantly being on my mind that I gave up. I bought a pack and lit it right up. All the work I had done to this point was gone. I could not even come to this forum until now, 2 weeks later, because I feel like such a disgrace. But I have decided to reset that clock, which it would have been 45 days now nicotine free if I didn't slip so that just made it even worse for me, BUT... I haven't had a cigarette since 11 pm last night and I am going for it once again.. need all the help I can get x.x.. I know I can do it though

0 Kudos
4 Replies
onvacation

Hi Stuart - we have all been there - just try again!

0 Kudos
holly1234

keep trying , thats the key. dont forget what it feel like to smoke. or the hard work you  went through to get there.

0 Kudos
theresa29

I just set a quit date for myself, but not new to quiting. I think that the greatest thing that you could have done, was recognize that you want to quit and decided to start over again. I know how you feel, not knowing why you went back, but never quit quiting. Since I set my quit date, I keep wondering why I want to quit, I already know why, yet I still try to talk myself out of it.

Sorry about the rambling, cutting down until my date has got my mind in a wreck. Anyways, Happy New Year, and the best of luck to you. If you can make it 45 you have the strength to make it a lifetime smokefree!

0 Kudos
groundfisher

I just signed up and havent set a quit date yet.You've at least gone that far and beyond.It's the beyond that's gottin to you.That's why we're all here.To quit once and for all and stay quit.I quit once for a long period of time and I know the disgusting feeling you get after giving in and starting again.It's down right depressing sometimes.You just got to get back on track and stay on.You can do it and get that proud feeling back knowing that you're no longer a slave to the rath of NICOTINE.

Hang in there!

0 Kudos