cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Barb102

Repeat Cat Scan

Going to take my repeat cat scan on Tuesday. I have 11 nodules now but two new ones either came in large or were missed by last scan. I know it’s my own fault but I finally stopped. I guess I’m just scared. I’m also having 3 hr surgery on my sinus from when I fell. It’s pressing on my teeth gums. Sorry to bother you all with this. I haven’t blogged but I’ve pledged and played games. I like the games Especially when people are on at the same time with me. I don’t feel so alone and scared. Thanks for listening. Love and hugs to all of you. Oh and if your on the fence about quitting, please reread this. I hope it helps. NOPE

C1C857F0-D65E-4D4D-B468-D73D61C2A0DB.jpeg

52 Replies
Strudel

Barbara - I am so very sorry that you are faced with these big challenges.....I am sure you are scared. Try to take deep breaths and handle one thing at a time. You are going to be okay......and there is so much support here for everything! So keep blogging and keeping us posted. When is the sinus surgery? I am sending lots of good vibes and prayers. Please take care! 

lqsi12

Prayers your immediate surgery repairs your sinus to repair the damage that was done, I cannot imagine the discomfort you must be experiencing.  Not sure how to cheer you on for the CT scan other than to let you know I/we can be here if  and when you need to talk it out further.  

You got a good guy close by in your corner which if very helpful, if you are a believer in Christianity, responsible prayer, and reading God's word do really assist in easing the mind.  Hoping for only for the most positive outcome for you as your face this difficult time in your life.  Your going to come through this as God intends it to be. 

That young lady photo can turn a frown upside down. 

TW517

So sorry about your upcoming surgery and your previous CT results .   I'm like you, and get pretty withdrawn when life isn't going well.  Hope you and I can work on that.  I've missed seeing you around.

Barb102

Yes love to work on that with you. Thank you

indingrl

Thank YOU Barb for sharing YOUR courage and SELF honesty with up coming doctor appointments and surgery and diagnoses they told YOU - please know prayers lifted for YOU and it says 356 times in the Bible - do not fear -   in HIS service and love- I love YOU Barb and will hold YOU up in prayer in MY Lord Jesus name amen - gentle hug ❤

Sootie

Barb--Please don't feel alone because you are not...we are here. Message any of us at any time. Keeping positive thoughts for your tests and surgery.

Who is the little cutie? Granddaughter? Gorgeous! Surely a huge positive in your life!

Stay Strong.

Barb102

Thank you Sootie. I feel non-smokers think I should have expected this. But you know we always think there is more time. Yes she’s my sweet granddaughter. I can be strong with the support from you

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

You are a nonsmoker and you're not saying, nor am I, that you should have expected this. No one asks for a nodule of any kind. Please toss that guilt to the curb. You're a good person with a delightful husband, and I loved meeting you. You and I are warriors. We beat this fucking addiction and the bumps in the road we have now could be related to smoking or maybe not. Regardless, you're moving forward and we love the heck out of you.

I hope that all is well and that you breeze through this. If you quit smoking, you are as strong as they come.

Donna

Day 203

MarilynH

Caring loving hugs along with lots of good thoughts and prayers are being sent up for you Barb, I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this, deep breaths and we are all here for you. ♥️