cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Barb102

Repeat Cat Scan

Going to take my repeat cat scan on Tuesday. I have 11 nodules now but two new ones either came in large or were missed by last scan. I know it’s my own fault but I finally stopped. I guess I’m just scared. I’m also having 3 hr surgery on my sinus from when I fell. It’s pressing on my teeth gums. Sorry to bother you all with this. I haven’t blogged but I’ve pledged and played games. I like the games Especially when people are on at the same time with me. I don’t feel so alone and scared. Thanks for listening. Love and hugs to all of you. Oh and if your on the fence about quitting, please reread this. I hope it helps. NOPE

C1C857F0-D65E-4D4D-B468-D73D61C2A0DB.jpeg

52 Replies
Giulia

Having a minor sinus problem myself I can imagine how much relief you'll get from whatever operation you're undergoing, though the immediate post-pop after affects might not be a whole lot of fun.  But - you've quit smoking - you can get through ANYTHING!

It's okay to be scared, but you are definitely NOT ALONE.  As Sootie said, we're here.  Message us if you need a boost.  And repeat CT scans are there for a good reason!  And who cares what NON smokers think.  They aren't addicts.  They haven't a cue!  We who have been there, done that - DO have a clue.  We can take responsibility for our actions, but we don't have to continue to chastise ourselves for eternity.  We're a step ahead of those who still live in denial land.  You know?  Give yourself some credit for that and for finally "getting" it!  

Your granddaughter is ALMOST as pretty as you!

Posamari

I was scared too when they found nodules. Follow up revealed the same, no changes. It could have been worse. I worried and lost sleep but things turned out pretty good----and I think the same for you.  You'll get through this and we're all here for you. 

Granddaughter is adorable BTW!

You are in God's hands, Barb. We all are in support of you. I know it's hard not to get in front of your skies but be patient, trust in Him and wait for more clarification. All surgeries are scary, especially in one's head but these doctors do this surgery all  of the time. God will keep their minds clear and their hand steady and you will be just fine!

Barbscloud

Will be keeping you in my thoughts on Tuesday.  Sorry you're still having repercussions from your fall.   It's certainly normal to be scared.  We're here for you.   Lovely photo!

Barb

Barbara145

Hi Barb.  I was so scared at this time last year.  They thought my lung nodules were cancer.  They were not.  Praying that yours are not either.  I didn't feel guilty. Be kind and loving to yourself and positive.  Thinking of you.

sweetplt

So sorry for all those nodules Barb...Barb102 I am sure it is so scary...I will be praying for you ... that good news is on its way...and yes you quit and you are doing good things for YOU...look at that beautiful granddaughter....keep us posted hon....and I will keep on praying for you...~ Colleen 

anaussiemom

Many  prayers and healing sent your way Barb.

Christine13

Barb, praying for you, I have my first CT scan tomorrow, and I'm scared too.  Your grandaughter is such a cutie.

Praying your sinus surgery goes well.

Barb102

you be strong Christine. These scans will protect us. I will pray for you. Please let me know your results. I am here for you. Prays and hugs

0 Kudos
elvan

You are NEVER alone dear Barb...please let us know as soon as you hear anything.  We are all here for you and saying many prayers.

Love,

Ellen