cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Barb102

Repeat Cat Scan

Going to take my repeat cat scan on Tuesday. I have 11 nodules now but two new ones either came in large or were missed by last scan. I know it’s my own fault but I finally stopped. I guess I’m just scared. I’m also having 3 hr surgery on my sinus from when I fell. It’s pressing on my teeth gums. Sorry to bother you all with this. I haven’t blogged but I’ve pledged and played games. I like the games Especially when people are on at the same time with me. I don’t feel so alone and scared. Thanks for listening. Love and hugs to all of you. Oh and if your on the fence about quitting, please reread this. I hope it helps. NOPE

C1C857F0-D65E-4D4D-B468-D73D61C2A0DB.jpeg

52 Replies
Strudel

I’ve been thinking of you today Barb....hope all went okay. Please let us know. Big hug! 

Barbara145

I have been praying for you today.

Giulia

When's your surgery?  I assume it wasn't the same day as the CT scan?  And when will your hear about the scan?  Let us know.  Prayers continuing.

Barb102

Thank you dear friends. Got the results same day. They see a few more large nodules They have to be watched will repeat every 3 months. This way if something changes they can catch it fast. I spent most of yesterday scared, upset, wondering why I’m making so many. I never thought once, not once about smoking. I hate cigarettes and what they have done to me. Great advice here as always. Don’t look back only forward. So today I feel better. I’m blessed to be alive and being monitored so carefully. Not every smoker has been as lucky as me. 

Sinus surgery is tomorrow. It will be ok. I’m very blessed.  Quitting taught me that I am much stronger then I ever thought I was. 

Thank you you for caring for me. Once again “ I get by with a little help from my friends”. 

Sending you all grateful full gentle hugs   Be kind to yourself. Do this for me 

Barbscloud

Sounds ok.  I agree, it's great that you'll be monitored closely and certainly provides you the peace of mind you deserve.   Wishing you the best for tomorrow.  Let us know how you're doing.  Here's to strong women!

Barb

elvan

So glad that you will be followed closely, you are going to be fine.  I am saying prayers for you, LOTS of them.  

Sinus surgery tomorrow...adding MORE prayers.

Gentle hugs,

Ellen

sweetplt

Dear Barb...Barb102 not sure why but I teared  up...you are so strong...after everything and you worry more about us....Thank you hon...glad they are watching you...prayers out for sinus surgery...lots of rest and taking care of you...((((big cyber hugs))))) God Bless you....~ Colleen

Giulia

From what I've read lung infections can sometimes create nodes.  But it's good that they're going to check you every three months.  That's the whole point, to catch any nasty thing that might arise EARLY.  Will continue the prayers, with more for tomorrow's surgery.

anaussiemom

Hugs Barb.!!!

Giulia

Thinking on you.  Hope it all went well.  Soft hug.