AnsweredAssumed Answered

So when does it get easier

Question asked by ozzymom on Mar 9, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 19, 2019 by shazzan99

So in 1/2 hour I’ll be vape free for 7 days.  I quit cigs around 2 years ago but now I’m trying to quit vaping & as i said, almost at day 7.  If nicotine is out of my system, why does it feel like it’s getting harder?  Yesterday I was soooo bitchy & nothing I did seemed to help.  I walked, I drank water, I played with my dog & was still extremely bitchy by the time I finally went to bed.  This morning I woke & have a full list of things to do but I can’t motivate myself to get up out of this chair & actually do any of them.  All I want to do is fire up my vape pen & have at it.  I mentally picture myself vaping & even knowing that those first few hits will hurt my throat, I still want to do it.  What the hell is wrong with me!!!  I’ve even thought about putting on a patch or chewing a piece of nicotine gum but really don’t want to go back to square one now that I’ve got 7 days under my belt.   I know a lot of you will reply that it DOES get easier but when the hell will that be!!

On a separate note, if anyone out there does vape as a way of doing NRT please think twice about it.  I think this is harder to stop than cigs cause you can vape anywhere...which i did.  I’m sure I was getting much more nicotine than when i was smoking cigs cause I vaped all day.  What the hell, there’s no smell so i could do it in my car, my house, wherever.  I know NRT is the way to go for some people but vaping seriously reinforces that hand to mouth thing as well as the hit to the throat & of course the nicotine.  

Ok I guess I’m done with my rant.  My list of chores isn’t going to wait & they need to get done with or without my vaping while doing them.  I’ll do my best to stay on track but damn, I wish it would at least START to get easier.

thanks everyone for listing to my pity party

Outcomes