cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mandolinrain

Vision still messed up

So needless to say, I'm not online much lately.. Have an appointment at noon tomorrow with Ophthalmologist unless things start to get worse....then they said to go to ER. and not sure how much good that will do since the Doc I need is out of town. Started seeing  ( and continue ) seeing flashing rings of light around my right eye and floaters late Saturday night.....right after I signed off from being on the bon-fire and got up to go to the bathroom. I do not have much choice to wait because he is out of town. Biggest fear is detached retina and not catching it can cause permanent blindness, so yes, I am concerned.Meanwhile, I am staying home-quiet and not making any sudden movements. Both eyes are blurry now. Anyway, that's whats going in my world right now.  Even the office feels this is related to when I hit my forehead when I fell. Vision has been messed up since then. ANYWAY.......

I miss being active here supporting people but I will be once this is all cleared up. Meanwhile, just checking in.

I will be okay, Im just very, very frustrated. "When calls the heart". is a series on Netflix, I have been watching ( now mostly just listening to...) that has kept my spirits up. I recommend it if you are wanting to watch a show full of kindness, hope and faith. 

Missy ~Still applying N.O.P.E. to my daily life!

24 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Somebody said to me after my latest fall, "one hard left can change the course of your life in an instant." 

I am so sorry this has happened to you.  I know about being afraid, and waiting, and losing patience - oh, so well!  It sucks - Hoping that this, too, shall pass - and is just more healing and adjusting from the fall.  Not to scare you, but a concussion from a bad car accident was the cause of a 6 month bout of vertigo a YEAR later for me. It takes awhile for our brain to sort things out, I am guessing.

Left with wondering.why sh*tty things seem to happen to the nicest people?  I have lived a long time, and STILL don't get it!!!

Hope to hear good news from your visit tomorrow.

In the meantime, sending up prayers for and gentle hugs to you, my dear.

Nancy

MarilynH

Aaah sweetie I pray that your ophthalmologist will be able to get you on the mend tomorrow I'm sending up prayers for you for strength and healing and peace of mind, I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this XO .....

3be478572dd409792a00ab8b63a246f1.jpg

Barbara145

So sorry.  Praying all will be well.  If they told you if things get worse you need to go to the ER then that is what you need to do.  You don't want this to be permanent.  Keeping you in my prayers.

Tabbiekat

I love "When Calls the Heart", the "Good Witch" is another feel good show on Netflix

My husband had a concision and hit his eye a few years back- not as bad as you, but it did take him a good 3 months to recover fully. Keeping you in my prayers, and as others have said- if it gets worse get to the ER- they may not be able to do much, but they can make sure the retina isn't detaching and can call someone in for emergency surgery if need be.

Mandolinrain

I will check that one out

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

The flashes of light is not to be ignored but you know that already.  So glad that you are going to have it checked. Take care and I will keep you in my prayers.

Sandi4

Please keep us posted as you can.  In the mean time, rest and take care of yourself.  

Continued healing prayers,

Sandi

Barbscloud

Missy 

"I miss being active here supporting people.."   It's our turn to support you.  They call them accidents,  because if we knew what was in store for us, we'd never move.  They just happen so fast and unexpected.  Glad the doc is scheduled for today.  This is nothing with mess with.   Sending positive thoughts your way.

Barb

dam!

I'm so sorry this happened.

between you and Nancy, I'm beginning to think vacations are dangerous.