cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mandolinrain

Vision still messed up

So needless to say, I'm not online much lately.. Have an appointment at noon tomorrow with Ophthalmologist unless things start to get worse....then they said to go to ER. and not sure how much good that will do since the Doc I need is out of town. Started seeing  ( and continue ) seeing flashing rings of light around my right eye and floaters late Saturday night.....right after I signed off from being on the bon-fire and got up to go to the bathroom. I do not have much choice to wait because he is out of town. Biggest fear is detached retina and not catching it can cause permanent blindness, so yes, I am concerned.Meanwhile, I am staying home-quiet and not making any sudden movements. Both eyes are blurry now. Anyway, that's whats going in my world right now.  Even the office feels this is related to when I hit my forehead when I fell. Vision has been messed up since then. ANYWAY.......

I miss being active here supporting people but I will be once this is all cleared up. Meanwhile, just checking in.

I will be okay, Im just very, very frustrated. "When calls the heart". is a series on Netflix, I have been watching ( now mostly just listening to...) that has kept my spirits up. I recommend it if you are wanting to watch a show full of kindness, hope and faith. 

Missy ~Still applying N.O.P.E. to my daily life!

24 Replies
Giulia

PS - I don't know if you're familiar with that viscous humor (as I call it) causing "floaters."   It happens to many of us as we age.  We dry up, not only in the skin but the eye.  It was brought on early in one eye for me when a tennis ball bounced off my racket and hit my eye.  That's when I first learned about the vitreous detachment.  For me it began by looking like spider webs.  Then like gnats.  The gnats are still there.  And are quite annoying still.  Differences in light will create different impressions.  Wearing my glasses tends to get rid of them.  What I learned recently during my last eye exam was that what you're actually seeing is the SHADOW of the filament that has detached.  I was told with time, and gravity, they eventually sink to the bottom.  Haven't found that true.  Just passing on information here for you and anybody else who happens to be reading.  Which you SHOULDN'T BE right now.

Mandolinrain

Yep your 100% correct. They had me come in again today to re-dialate and double check and i have to go back in a month. They said its normal after ya turn 50 and I am now in the 60's so most likely it has already begun to separate but the forehead blow caused it to separate faster....then the two cranial nerves also irritated dont help matters, but I am doing well and I am NOT missing the Virginia trip for anything! I cant WAIT to meet ya all

elvan

Gentle hugs, Missy.  Please rest and see if that will help with the healing.  I am just sick that you are going through this.

Sending you love and prayers dear lady,

Ellen

Barb102

You are always there for all of us sweet Missy. Pls be better soon. I have to meet you in VA. Sending hugs and prayers to you

FC3B825A-D40E-401B-9D52-6DAC4FDAAE19.gif

Mandolinrain

Awwww, thank you,,,,,Cant wait to meet ya