cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mandolinrain

Vision still messed up

So needless to say, I'm not online much lately.. Have an appointment at noon tomorrow with Ophthalmologist unless things start to get worse....then they said to go to ER. and not sure how much good that will do since the Doc I need is out of town. Started seeing  ( and continue ) seeing flashing rings of light around my right eye and floaters late Saturday night.....right after I signed off from being on the bon-fire and got up to go to the bathroom. I do not have much choice to wait because he is out of town. Biggest fear is detached retina and not catching it can cause permanent blindness, so yes, I am concerned.Meanwhile, I am staying home-quiet and not making any sudden movements. Both eyes are blurry now. Anyway, that's whats going in my world right now.  Even the office feels this is related to when I hit my forehead when I fell. Vision has been messed up since then. ANYWAY.......

I miss being active here supporting people but I will be once this is all cleared up. Meanwhile, just checking in.

I will be okay, Im just very, very frustrated. "When calls the heart". is a series on Netflix, I have been watching ( now mostly just listening to...) that has kept my spirits up. I recommend it if you are wanting to watch a show full of kindness, hope and faith. 

Missy ~Still applying N.O.P.E. to my daily life!

24 Replies
sweetplt

Oh Missy so sorry to hear that you are still having issues. Rest those eyes till you get to Doctor.  Praying for you ~ ~Colleen

elvan

Thinking of you, Missy.  As you know, Mike went through a detached retina repair in August.  PLEASE take it easy and do whatever they tell you to do.  I am so sorry that you are going through this.  Sending love and hugs and prayers.

Ellen

Strudel

Oh Missy - I am so sorry! I am glad you have the appointment tomorrow. Please keep us posted as you can. I am sending prayers and good vibes your way! 

Strudel

Oops - just realized this was written yesterday - I will check if there is an update. Take care!

Mandolinrain

So he said the 4th and 6th cranial nerves are bruised. Also said no tears or holes or detachment but the vitreous is starting to pull away from posterior  (back) of my retina. It was another long day of tests and because both eyes are dilated, they still are fuzzy.  He said hairline fracture of orbital bone. Expects my blurry vision to improve over time and nerve tissue last to heal, but WILL heal. Otherwise he said if light flashes get more and more like a fireworks show and or a dark curtain fills my field vision, that I need to call him right away because that indicates a retinal tear or detachment. I notice the flashes more when I am moving around so am to take it easy for now. They have decreased.

Then I get a email my Bio Dad passed away yesterday. ( I was adopted, long story ) ...but my brother who was NOT adopted and continued to have a relationship with him emailed me and then said I should send Bio dads wife and family a sympathy card. I returned his email and said I was sorry for his loss. Period. I have been going through a bunch of emotions over this, but am okay. Truly I am. I figure, seriously.. any man can be a sperm doner, it takes more than that to be a father....so I gave this to the only Father I care  about, that's my Heavenly Father.

All is well, prayers are being answered. All is well with my heart. Thank you ALL of your for your comfort and prayers. I'll be back regularly before long . Takes so long to see to type....or read for that matter, but quit will get better.

I wish I could name all of you to say thanks but need to get off computer. Know I love you~Missy

Mandolinrain

Hugs to you to JonesCarpeDiem. Praying you feel better soon, so sorry you have to go through all that ablation. Love you my friend

0 Kudos

Awe. Sorry to hear. As you know, I was just going through a roller coaster of emotions about a recent death so I know how you feel, somewhat.

i hope your vision fully comes back soon!

sweetplt

Missy, thanks for the update,  no drama, rest and take care of You...you really need to heal and take care of your eyes...ah I love that you gave up to your Heavenly Father, I do this everyday and it makes life so much better.  Continue to keep you in my prayers...~ Colleen

Giulia

I'm sitting here shaking my head side to side.  Who ever said life was fair - somebody must have, because we keep thinking it's so, or should be.  Well - I'm sorry for your being treated unkindly by life.  And I'd like to shake LIFE by the throat for you and say STOP IT!!!  Be kind to this beautiful, loving, giving creature.  I'm ANGRY for you.  I don't think you are, because you don't have that type of personality.  So let's just say I'm RAILING for you!   ♥