cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

millon03

WHAT'S THE WILDEST THING YOU'VE DONE?

So Friday, my first day off of the Chantix, out of the blue I decided I wanted a new kitten. While working I was looking a kittens on the internet, saw a real cutie pie at the Humane Society and decided he was gonna be mine.  Nevermind that I personally have 3 dogs and 2 cats of my own, not counting the 2 dogs my parents have.  Yes, that is 7 animals in our home. So I left work a half an hour early and traveled to the other side of Albuquerque to the Humane Society. I got there and gave them the # of the kitten and they told me "sorry, he's been adopted". I said ok, show me what you got. I went back and saw a little girl with a cone on her head, I think she was 6 months old, and we were hanging out and I said that my roommate is going to love her. And they said, "is she going to be a gift"? and I said Yes. They said they can't let her go without my roommate first coming to see her. I said, well, what I just want to adopt her? and they said, "sorry, cat's out of the bag and we know you want to adopt her for someone else". Crap. So it is now 5:30 and rush hour is at its worst on a Friday night, in Albuquerque and I have to go clear across town. 1 Accident, 2, Accident, road construction, everyone trying to find a way around it all. It took me 2 1/2 hours to get home, I kid you not! No kitten, thank God. And as I was finally nearing home I look over and there is a Humane Society less the 5 miles from my house! I think, Oh My God, I have lost my frigging mind!

That, so far, is the wildest thing I have done in my quit! Sure glad this is the only place I have to share this little story with!

Peace! 

Melissa DOF 21

39 Replies
SaraPeach

That is crazy they wouldn't let you adopt the kitten. It was going to be living with you, too! That sounds like crazy stuff I do, quitting smoking or not...lol!

anaussiemom

SaraPeach  Usually HS is very selective in adoption.     Not uncommon really 😕

SaraPeach

I know they are, but she was going to be living with the cat. It wasn't a gift to another home. I've never heard of them requiring to meet every single member of a household before adopting out a cat. Lol.

anaussiemom

Wildest  thing---------------------Gosh so many, daily events!   Smoking!  

Wildest thing?  Booked a trip to Spain after a break up   I was with him for 5 years and he never wanted to  go anywhere. 

millon03

Did you go?

0 Kudos

I sure did!  It was wonderful and I knew more Spanish then I thought I did.  I didn't go there completely alone.  My good friend had moved there 2 years earlier with his boyfriend.  I hung out with them 3 out of the 7 days I was there.

millon03

Nice! Maybe my next wild hair will be to go to Scotland and find where my ancestors are from!

0 Kudos

Ooooohhhh.  You should totally do it!  Last minute trips are fun!  Especially in another country!