cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

millon03

WHAT'S THE WILDEST THING YOU'VE DONE?

So Friday, my first day off of the Chantix, out of the blue I decided I wanted a new kitten. While working I was looking a kittens on the internet, saw a real cutie pie at the Humane Society and decided he was gonna be mine.  Nevermind that I personally have 3 dogs and 2 cats of my own, not counting the 2 dogs my parents have.  Yes, that is 7 animals in our home. So I left work a half an hour early and traveled to the other side of Albuquerque to the Humane Society. I got there and gave them the # of the kitten and they told me "sorry, he's been adopted". I said ok, show me what you got. I went back and saw a little girl with a cone on her head, I think she was 6 months old, and we were hanging out and I said that my roommate is going to love her. And they said, "is she going to be a gift"? and I said Yes. They said they can't let her go without my roommate first coming to see her. I said, well, what I just want to adopt her? and they said, "sorry, cat's out of the bag and we know you want to adopt her for someone else". Crap. So it is now 5:30 and rush hour is at its worst on a Friday night, in Albuquerque and I have to go clear across town. 1 Accident, 2, Accident, road construction, everyone trying to find a way around it all. It took me 2 1/2 hours to get home, I kid you not! No kitten, thank God. And as I was finally nearing home I look over and there is a Humane Society less the 5 miles from my house! I think, Oh My God, I have lost my frigging mind!

That, so far, is the wildest thing I have done in my quit! Sure glad this is the only place I have to share this little story with!

Peace! 

Melissa DOF 21

39 Replies
anaussiemom

I believe this stuff. I really do.elvan      My daughter says mommmmmmmmmm!    Why do you take the weird ones.  I said they like me, IDK? LOL

millon03

ok you guys are really making me want to go find a new kitty! 

elvan

millon03‌ Let the kitty choose YOU.  Years ago, I had seen a beautiful white kitten at a fair downtown and I planned to adopt him the following Monday.  I went to the shelter and there was an all grey kitten who grabbed my pant leg as I walked by his cage.  He kept "talking" to me and standing on his back legs.  He won, I adopted him and I absolutely adored him.  He was one of the funniest cats ever.  He thought he was a person and he would sit on the soft like a person on his back with his legs stretched out in front of him.  

Ellen

anaussiemom

awwww.

Barbscloud

I know some of you know this already.  I've been looking to adopt a dog for a couple of weeks now.  I thought it would be easy.  It's been extremely frustrating.  I'm on the computer daily.  

elvan

My daughter lost her beloved black German Shepherd a few months ago and she has been doing the same thing but she says her heart just isn't in it.  She has seen lots of dogs but none of them "speak" to her.  Her dog was born on her birthday and he chose HER.  He was a magnificent animal and I don't think she will ever find another one like him.  Maybe you need to MEET you future partner and not just look at photographs and read descriptions.

Sending you a huge, fuzzy hug,

Ellen

anaussiemom

Barbscloud  Im not sure what your radius and get around ways are??? However, it is best to take walk abouts in dog pounds, and HS get a feel, HS usually lets you do a trial run with an animal before you adopt.  I had a mutt, he was the best lab I ever had.  He had no lab in him.  I could put a saddle of cleaning goods on his back, he followed me around the big  whole house anyway. I would pick and choose rags, sprays and such put them back on his light weight saddle.  He really loved helping me.  Have no clue what he was other than, Just a big old mutt. I put him to rest over a year ago.  I still grieve him... There will never be another.  But, I love my other furs just as much in their weirdo ways!  I mean normal as hell animals!!

Cameree

Nuts are the best dogs to have they are very protective and listens well. They are also easy to train and they'll be your friend for life. Nobody wants them because they are not name brand but they should be loved too. 

anaussiemom

millon03

OMG! that cat is on catnip! I want a cute little orange tabby! super sweet! Thanks!

0 Kudos