cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bacr619

Quit date today

Well this fewls like my thousandth time quiting i hope i can do it support from home is lets say not great.  Well that why i am hear i have tried many methods and technics to no avail.  I have moved out of my house to do this and stay away from the negative energy there not sure if i will ever move back in but thats another story.  So day at best is sucking two packs of gum atleast 1/4 package of lifesavers.  I hate this right now but i am standing strong and will not fail myself again.  Smoking for over thirty years and i feel like i dont know how to do anything right now. My ADHD is also in extra high gear as well.  Its time to put my supossed best friend that has taken my life under his control and boot him to the curb.  

29 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

pastedImage_1.pngto EX.  

You have come to the right place for support.  Support will make the difference if you use it. .  

This is all about you and what you are willing to do to be smokef-ree.

Start First, by educating yourself about nicotine addiction.  

Education is the key to a successful quit.

Read: Freedom from Nicotine My Journey Home and Nicotine Addiction 101         

Here are the links      http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksAAddiction.html   and http://whyquit.com/ffn/

Also Read   Allen Carr’s book, “Easy Easier Way to Quit Smoking”.       

SaraCorinne

Kick that "best friend" to the curb!  With friends like that, we don't need enemies!  

maryfreecig

Staying strong is a great way to start a quit. Welcome to Ex...lots of support here and 365 a year. 

indingrl

CONGRATS NON SMOKING LIVING! Good job!

karenjones

indingrl‌ get your prayer 's in motion. this gal needs all our help and i told her she would get it.  and I know you are good at that sort of thing.   x0

elvan

Welcome to EX...stay really close to the site.  Read everything you can about this addiction. Have a plan My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  read JonesCarpeDiem‌'s blog that has helped many of us..../blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months  Let us know if there is anything we can do to help...

Remember that "best friends" are not trying to kill us.  Smoking kills, no crave ever killed anyone.  We all had to start at the beginning, some of us had to do it over and over and over again before we got it.  This site is the best and we all want to help in any way that we can.

Ellen

SoosannahK

Take heart to what all the Elders post. They have the wisdom and the knowledge and have been a tremendous help to me the past few days as I have read up on everything they sent my way. They have all those helpful links. Bookmark them to come back to reread again later. That is what I have been doing. 

Congrats on your first day and welcome to the EX. 

Never_again

Yeah! Welcome!

Strudel

Welcome to the site and congrats on deciding to quit! You are in exactly the right place for support - stay close!