cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bacr619

Quit date today

Well this fewls like my thousandth time quiting i hope i can do it support from home is lets say not great.  Well that why i am hear i have tried many methods and technics to no avail.  I have moved out of my house to do this and stay away from the negative energy there not sure if i will ever move back in but thats another story.  So day at best is sucking two packs of gum atleast 1/4 package of lifesavers.  I hate this right now but i am standing strong and will not fail myself again.  Smoking for over thirty years and i feel like i dont know how to do anything right now. My ADHD is also in extra high gear as well.  Its time to put my supossed best friend that has taken my life under his control and boot him to the curb.  

29 Replies
stAn3

Congratulations on quitting! I wish you well and look forward to reading your future posts. Remember, there is no problem that smoking won’t make worse.

0 Kudos
bacr619

28 hours and i am crawling out of my skin.

0 Kudos
shadow36

don't give up! go for a fast walk around the block to remind yourself how much better your breathing will be with and it quitting and it may tire you out so you can sleep. 

bacr619

Thanks sleep is an issue with in its self.  But walking now thanks again

elvan

Try some deep breaths...inhale deeply and HOLD and then exhale SLOWLY through pursed lips.  Kind of like you did when you were smoking.  Get some bubble juice, blow bubbles, get some lemons and if worse comes to worse, bite into a lemon, rind and all.  Take a shower, put your pajamas on, watch a funny movie, read blogs, play a computer game.  Just DON'T SMOKE...getting past this moment will help you to be stronger for the next time.  Remember this is a journey, you have hit a bump in the road but you can get past it.

Ellen-

Ralph1955

If at first you don’t succeed try again. That’s what I did. I’ve tried to quit many times in the past yet failed. My last quit was March of 2017 but it didn’t stick. This year I began the journey again but this time I spent a couple of months preparing myself for it. I had an appointment at the dentist to have a tooth fixed and a cleaning. I made the appointment two months in advance and selected that day as my quit day. This was My decision. I had two weeks of patches on hand for the day of my quit and signed up here for help and support. I’m so proud to say that tomorrow will be day 40 as a non smoker. 

You Can do it and we are all here to help you and cheer you on. It’s a wild journey but achievable.

Good luck my friend  

shadow36

Good Morning.

Hope you are keeping strong 

0 Kudos
elvan

You have a day WON behind you...keep adding to that.  You CAN do this, I will not tell you it is easy, I will tell you that it is possible.  Your addiction is going to throw more than one tantrum to try to get you back, hence the feeling that you are crawling out of your skin.  It WILL pass...don't feed into it, think of it as a very poorly behaved child who needs a time out...one moment at a time.  We have all been there, none of us want to go back.

Best to you, may THIS day be amazing!

Ellen

bacr619

good morning I was not online yesterday work kept me busy yesterday but I am embarking onto day 3 in about 4 hours wow.  I am feeling really good today did not sleep much the past two days.  I have to go home and change out the water heater fun damn thing is only 12 years old oh well its only money LOL.  Gotta go get materials store opens in an hour going to starbucks to get my iced coffee se ya later.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

How have you been bacr619‌? It's been a couple days!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos