cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

Recipes On The Web

I try a lot of new cooking or baking recipes on the web.   Sometimes they are yummy. Sometimes ghastly.  But it's fun and keeps me busy, from smoking @ times.  Does anyone enjoy dabbling in the kitchen with recipes from the internet and such?  This is a Cranberry Cake I made for a Christmas party.  It was pretty, festive, and tasted really good. 
BTW I heard if you eat cake really really fast.......No calories!!  Just Kidding.    I love cake. 
037.JPG

118 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

I love to cook - and do cook for myself.  I rarely make sweets for just me but do at times to bring to the office or family dinners.  Last night I made a cheese cake and a peanut butter pie to bring to the office for my boss's birthday.  That cranberry cake looks really good!

anaussiemom

Thank you.  Your pie sound yummy.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I love cooking, cook books, web recipes.  I am more geared to healthy meals.  Cakes and pies are for the holidays for others to eat. 

anaussiemom

Yes me too.  Hubby not at all.  I do sneak  kale, spinach  and such in his salads. 

Daniela2016

That looks really good, I like cranberries in cakes/muffins.  The tangy taste against the sweet, moist cake is a killing combo for me

Lots of baking in my life, cut it back if not totally, at least modified to healthier versions.

Here is the blog I was maintaining when I was baking for co-workers: www.uniquebyd.com

JACKIE1-25-15

Awesomeness

Daniela2016

Thanks Jackie, too bad I am not strong enough to bake for others only, and since I have to be gluten and milk free, it would be next to impossible to stick with the regimen and keep baking

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

Thank you

0 Kudos
Madyzsgocka

I love to cook, more so than baking, but a few months back I used a spring-form pan for the first time to make a Blueberry Lemon cake with fresh frozen blueberries from my bushes. I found that recipe on the internet. I love going on the internet for new recipes, been doing it for years. And those recipes that come up on our FB feeds? Most of those are yummy comfort foods. I'll be doing a bit less cooking in the next few months tho....diet time . Gotta bring my BP down some. Had a scare last weekend.