cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sld2

Day 2

Made it to day 2 without smoking.  I am using the patch and left it on last night so I wouldn't want to smoke first thing this morning - the cigarette I enjoy most.  I did not sleep well at all - tossed and turned most of the night.  Tonight I will take the patch off a few hours before bed but will put one on as soon as my feet hit the floor in the morning.  I know this is one of the side affects - I just have to figure out what works best for me. 

6 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Congratulations!  You got through Day WON! 

A lot of folks have to take the patch off at night.  Change up your morning routine so that it has a chance to get in your system.  Maybe go for a quick walk right out of bed, THEN your shower and then your coffee (and drink that with your other hand in a place different from your old, smoking one).

One day at a time!

Nancy

JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on another day WON. Yes!   Insomnia can be part of the withdrawal process.  it started within the first 48 hours for me.  However, I made up in my mind if this is what I have to go through to get to freedom, so be it. You have a plan stick with your plan.  Come here as often as you need to.  You got this.  Stay Close.  The best is yet to come if you hang tough.  Protect your quit. One day at a time NOPE not one puff ever no matter what. 

0 Kudos
elvan

I didn't use the patch but I know a lot of people say they took the patch off at bedtime because of vivid dreams.  Insomnia can also be part of quitting so you might think about taking some melatonin at night (never helped me but I know it does help a lot of people and it is available over the counter, as is benadryl).  The good thing is that you DO have a two days WON and that's wonderful.  I would suggest that you read a blog written by YoungAtHeart‌ that is very powerful and includes a lot of in put from many community members here is the link: For Our New Years' Quitters (and community members, too)  I also recommend reading JonesCarpeDiem‌'s blog that I returned to over and over again when I was early in my quit For Our New Years' Quitters (and community members, too)  Every one of us had a day one and the ones who are still here had a day WON.  This site will help you more than anything...you will laugh with people and cry with people and you will know that you are NEVER alone on this journey.  I said NOPE over and over again at the beginning, Not One Puff Ever.  I said it silently and I said it out loud when I needed to...it was so simple but it really helped.  I also absolutely loved many of the mantras from this site, "I don't do that anymore." "One step and then another will get you to where you want to be." "The only way out is through."  Remember that no crave ever killed anyone and no one can say that about smoking.

Welcome to EX sld2  I look forward to seeing you grow on this journey.

Ellen

sld2

Thank you!  I will read the blogs! 

elvan

Another suggestion, you might want to check out a conversation started by roller831‌ https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/17127-new-quitters-check-in  It will give you a chance to meet other newbies.  

E

0 Kudos
Strudel

Congrats on your quit! I have head some folks here say that they didn't use a patch at night for the reasons above - plus, since you didn't smoke while sleeping - hopefully you don't need it. 

Congrats again! 

0 Kudos