cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Deb-EX

Smoke Free Snow Day

That moment your mind glitches back to a memory of " Let me grab a cigarette and go outside" It happens so fast and it feels so real that when you say to yourself "I don't do that anymore" I have to be honest it can feel like a let down.

Good news is I got over it! I stood outside in the beautiful snowy scenery and breathed in the beautiful clean air.

Deep breaths in through my nose and slowly out of my mouth, over and over... No coughing!!

Ya know what I have NEVER felt prouder of myself than I did in that moment! 

34 days SMOKE FREE!! I never thought I would ever get this far!    

Tags (1)
42 Replies
Mortalzeus

Well done, Congratulations on 34 DOF!  I Just love that image and those icicle lights  

Darren

Deb-EX

Thank you Darren !! It was a beautiful day!! But oh so cold.... Burrr    

0 Kudos
Anya

Being mindful of the little joys, like being able to take a deep breath, stopping and really taking in nature, and the wonderful body feelings of having more energy and wellbeing when taking a walk or exercising.....these things are so essential for my quit.

Smoking, even one puff, would bring those good feelings crashing down faster than a blink of your eye!

Congratulations on your continued commitment and success! We are so proud of you too!!!

Anya

Deb-EX

Its so true Anya!! Smoking would have ruined the whole moment! So grateful that I'm seeing all these changes in my brain after 35 years of smoking.. Praise God. 

maryfreecig

Thanks for sharing your experience, strength and hope. Your smobriety progress is awesome-- keep up the good work.  Happy 34.

YoungAtHeart

What a beautiful snowy scene and a beautiful, clean smelling, cold, clear, deep breathing quit you have going.  Those thoughts WILL come from time to time.  Good job getting past them!

Nancy

dwwms

Congratulations on 34 days! We had snow last weekend, it really does feel good to go outside and breathe in the cold air that's clean without poisoning the experience! You should be proud!

It's occurred to me this past week when it's been cold and windy at times how nice it is that I don't have to bundle up, go outside, shiver the whole time, just to feed the addiction. Freedom feels great!

Doug

elvan

Deb-EX‌ What a beautiful picture...both of them...the photograph and the mental image of you breathing in that cold, clean air and then exhaling slowly.  You gave me a big smile and I NEEDED one.

XOXO,

Ellen

Deb-EX

Good Morning Ellen!! Giving you a needed smile makes me SMILE!  I hope your feeling better this Sunday morning and I really hope that your off today to get some much needed rest! 

XOXO

Debbie