cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Deb-EX

Smoke Free Snow Day

That moment your mind glitches back to a memory of " Let me grab a cigarette and go outside" It happens so fast and it feels so real that when you say to yourself "I don't do that anymore" I have to be honest it can feel like a let down.

Good news is I got over it! I stood outside in the beautiful snowy scenery and breathed in the beautiful clean air.

Deep breaths in through my nose and slowly out of my mouth, over and over... No coughing!!

Ya know what I have NEVER felt prouder of myself than I did in that moment! 

34 days SMOKE FREE!! I never thought I would ever get this far!    

Tags (1)
42 Replies
Daniela2016

As proud of you Deb, as you were this morning!!! Congratulations, well done!

And lovely picture, I sometimes miss the gorgeous scenery you shared with us, but not the cold!

Isn't it awesome when you take those deep breaths and you feel so free?

Perfect reasons to put in your stockings to help you forward on the journey to freedom, you are doing great!

susan_m

This is awesome, Deb!  Way to reset that "stepping outside" moment as a non-smoking event. Slowly but surely, we reset all areas of our lives and mark them as smoke free. What a wonderful and strong quit you have!  

Susan 

Deb-EX

Thank YOU Susan!

Funny you should say that about my having a strong quit, because I was just saying to my husband this morning about how worried I was that this seems to be so easy. I am using the 21mg patch as you might remember... So I worry that this is WHY it's been so easy and that on January 2nd when I take the patch down to 14mg I am going to struggle more than I know. I THINK I'm okay with the nicotine withdrawal for the week, as I was more worried about the phycological part of the quit.. than I was the physical part of the quit. Since this is my 1st QUIT in 35 years I guess I will find out  

With all the support I have here, at home and my strong desire NOT to take "One Puff Ever" I think I will be OK. I just don't want to get overconfident and let my guard down and find myself in a bad spot.  I am really proud of my 36 days smoke free and watching the days stack up. I would HATE to have to start over... that thought makes me very determined, I didn't realize how much MY QUIT day meant, but it means everything to me~~

Thank God for everyone here...  XOXO

susan_m

Deb,

I was a cold-turkey quitter, so I can't help you with the whole NRT thing,.  I can give you my opinion based on my own quit, and I will tell you why I think you will do better than you think.....  For me, the physical withdrawal was easier than the mental and emotional withdrawal.  The patch allows you to physically step down your dependence, but emotionally, you still break the habit cold turkey.  To me, you've done the hard part.  72 hours, chick, and the nico-demon is out of your system... at that point, you will truly be free. 

Very proud of you!

Susan

Deb-EX

I agree Susan!  Hats-Off to ALL Cold-Turkey Quitters..

Hats Off.jpg

Mandolinrain

I was also a cold turkey quitter......I did the patch before and EVERYTHING, but none worked for me anyway. Personally I believe no matter HOW you quit it comes down to understanding the addiction....and implementing the tools we suggest on this site to keep the quit. Your doing great. Keep up with the reading material and blogging and read read read read...ohhhh   did I say READ???

XOXO Missy

Deb-EX

I couldn't agree more! I'm working this with everything I have... Reading, breathing, reading, breathing.. With a bunch of cleaning, shopping and dinners in between..than reading, breathing, reading, sleeping and another successful day comes to an end  

elvan

Deb-EX‌ You are doing EVERYTHING right!

Deb-EX

Thanks Ellen!! I feel SOOOO much better today and so grateful for all the support.... Phewwww 

How are you feeling today my friend??!!! 

0 Kudos
elvan

Deb-EX‌ I have a lot to do today, my daughter arrives tomorrow and I need to get vacuuming and mopping done...BUT, I actually AM feeling better today.  My sciatica is still there but as long as I am not moving too much or too fast, I can STAND it.  I am changing sheets today and that is always rough but I will put a brace on and a TENS unit and hopefully I will get done QUICKLY.  At least those stupid baked goods are out of here...I just have to do some baking for family but that's MUCH easier.  I don't have to bake anywhere NEAR as much.

I am SO GLAD that you are feeling better today...that's really how it goes...good days and bad days (we had them when we smoked too).

XOXO,

Ellen