cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

okodel1982

How can i quit smoking for real this time around?

Jump to solution

Dear members, am so glad to have joined this community. I feel like i am finally in aright place where i can get help without being judged and looked upon by someone. I have been smoking for the last  fives years. I have tried quitting twice and i only took 1 to 2 weeks and relapsed again when i got stressed. Now i am really ready to quit completely. I just wanna get this habit off my life style. I want to live a healthy life. I want to be abetter person therefore i have decided to quit smoking and drinking on 31st-07-2017.  So i will need support to go through effects of quitting. 

Thanks

Jamie.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jennifer-Quit

Welcome to EX!  For me education on this addiction helped tremendously.  Also the support that I received here from real people who understand what it is like to quit helped.  More people will be along with advise in no time - so read, prepare, and be willing to go through a little discomfort to get to a better place.  Here is a link to some reading material that might help.

Freedom

View solution in original post

27 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Welcome to EX!  For me education on this addiction helped tremendously.  Also the support that I received here from real people who understand what it is like to quit helped.  More people will be along with advise in no time - so read, prepare, and be willing to go through a little discomfort to get to a better place.  Here is a link to some reading material that might help.

Freedom

Angie_machado

I agree with Jen!  I'm on my third day being smoke free.  This time my Quit is so different than the times I've tried before.  Here are the things I did differently this time around:

Joined a support site, this one was the easiest and best one I found.

Went to my doctor for Chantix and went back to the doctor when I started having high anxiety.  She added Wellbutrin, the combo of the meds have been a lifesaver.

Read Allen Carr's book!  There is a free copy of it on here.  To me it has been a game changer in how I view cigarettes and smoking I'm actually enjoying the quitting process.  It's wild......I have never ever ever thought this way before. Read it, I swear you will never have the want for another cig.  Now when I see people smoking I no longer wish I was smoking too.  I know that they are just smoking because they HAVE to not because they WANT to.  The are addicted to Nicotine, anyway welcome and stick close to this site and post often.  You will make it!!

0 Kudos
joysey1

Where do you find this book. Ive been wanting to quit for a while now but havent yet. It makes me wonder why I do in the first place. I want o just throw in the towel so to speak and quit for good. How can I quit cold turkey this time when I want to quit I mean it. I dont know why I smoke in the first place it makes me sick!

0 Kudos
Angie_machado

The book, Allen Carr's The Easy Way is here on this site for free!  I also watched some videos on YouTube about how to quit from his book.  Have you tried Chantix? You can do this!  I have faith in you because if I can quit you can too.  

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Welcome. Glad you are here. You've set a quit date, so keep coming around, reading, and post as you need to. 

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Welcome, read everything you can about quitting smoking and Remaining Quit because there's a wealth of information here to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb and start living a life of Freedom. We're all here for you and your upcoming quit.....

0 Kudos
Strudel

Welcome! You are in the right place! All of the advice and reading material mentioned above is great! Be sure to check out http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

0 Kudos
Deemas

Hi, today is my 3rd week smoke free. I smoked over 30  years and this is my 4th attempt  my best advice to you is take it one day at a time. Read learn all you can about quitting, being here is a great place to start. I didn't have this my previous times and feel it's helped a lot. Keep strong and know that we are here for you.