cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

okodel1982

How can i quit smoking for real this time around?

Jump to solution

Dear members, am so glad to have joined this community. I feel like i am finally in aright place where i can get help without being judged and looked upon by someone. I have been smoking for the last  fives years. I have tried quitting twice and i only took 1 to 2 weeks and relapsed again when i got stressed. Now i am really ready to quit completely. I just wanna get this habit off my life style. I want to live a healthy life. I want to be abetter person therefore i have decided to quit smoking and drinking on 31st-07-2017.  So i will need support to go through effects of quitting. 

Thanks

Jamie.

27 Replies
jconfusion

I bought Nicorette gum for the first three months to keep from feinding

0 Kudos

how did you get off of it?

that's my concern for many.

0 Kudos
poopdeckpappy

whyquit.com

elvan

Welcome to EX.  You are going to get the support and education you need for a successful quit here.  I did not use any nicotine replacement but many have and have done well.  I think the most successful has been using the patch as directed but I am not sure if that is correct.

In any event, come here and blog and put the word HELP in the subject line if you feel like you are going to smoke.  Don't do it...do one of the 101 things to do instead of smoking /blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2013/02/25/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoke  posted by YoungAtHeart‌ and absolutely read JonesCarpeDiem‌'s page and read this part: /blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months  over and over again.  You CAN be successful at quitting.  We are all here for you.

Again, welcome to EX,

Ellen

jconfusion

deciding to quit is half the battle I used to try for years but I decided to quit when I read how bad it is for my cats already damaged eyes it was easiest choice ive  ever made, I used Nicorette  gum for three months, it helped me.  but everyone is different ive been smoke free for 5 years, it get easier each day.

okodel1982

hello members. am now 20days without smoking. I really feel good. thank you for he support.

Jammy.

Good For You!

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Awesome!!! Keep em coming. 

0 Kudos
elvan

I am SO HAPPY to hear that you are doing so well.  You will be celebrating three weeks tomorrow...I guess you probably can count that out yourself, right?  

Try to come to the site daily, it really helps to reinforce your quit.  So glad you are here.

Ellen

0 Kudos
okodel1982

Ellen, i do try to come to the site every time i have access to internet. currently i spend most of the time in the  field. In really remote places working. thanks for the support.

Jammy.

0 Kudos