Hi Ohioans!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
105 Replies
Rick_M

Hey Tiffany

0 Kudos
brendalee

Hi there!  I quit smoking November 6th 2009. I am also on the patch and that is working out well! I was born in Hamilton

0 Kudos
Rick_M

Hey BrendaLee, sounds like you have a successful quit going, almost two weeks, you're doing great. I live up north in one of the suburbs of  Canton, Oh. I quit in April after 37 yrs of smoking. I knew I had to quit it just took me awhile to do it. Take it easy and no smoking allowed

0 Kudos
brendalee

Rick

I'm doing pretty good, on step 2 of the nicotine patch now. I am living in Long Beach, California but I was born in Hamilton, Ohio. Lived off and on with my grandparents in Fairfield.

0 Kudos
Rick_M

Hey BrendaLee, you are along way from Ohio now. Getting cold here, I'm sure you remember. I never messed with the patch, used Chantix.  From what I've read on this site quite a few successful quits from using the patch. I see you are nearing three weeks, you have a great quit started, keep it going. You should be tasting and smelling better at stage of your quit.  I'm closing in on nine months. I never thought back in April I would get this far but here I am,  no smoking.   Hang in there

0 Kudos
heather.l

hello there I'm heather and I live in Dayton, well the first days are rough I am not sure why I smoke I get bored a lot so I have started cleaning my house like a mad woman.  Its the down time that kills me,  I can not afford medication so I am doing this with none, any suggestions

thanks

0 Kudos
lins

Hi! New to the site... quit date is set for the 14th... wish me luck!

0 Kudos
lins

Heather,

I am not taking medications either.... I haven't totally quit yet, but DumDums help me a lot. for me it is the hand to mouth, oral fixation...

0 Kudos
Rick_M

Hi all

Good going Heather with your quit. Tough going the first few days, been there. Deep breathing and drinking more fluids seems to be the most popular fixes on this site. Keeping busy and constantly reminding myself the reasons I quit helped.  I found just concentrating on one day at a time was excellent advice. The discomfort of the few weeks suck but you will get stronger as you learn to ignore the triggers and urges. Hang on...... 

Lins good move to quit while you are still young. I smoked for 37 yrs, bad move. Dum Dum's will work. I still chew gum to fill in for the past smoke breaks. Might sound dumb but I took straws cut down to cigarette lengths and pretend to smoke during my first month.   It really did help. I know you are dreading Monday but give it shot it might not be as bad as you imagine. You can do this.

Look at it this way. We can keep much tax money out of Ohio's politicians pockets.

BTW since I quit I have saved almost $1,300. That's a chunck of change.     

0 Kudos