Give and get support around quitting

tiffany5

Ohio Quitters

Hi Ohioans!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
105 Replies
blm2

9 DAYS SMOKE-FREE..can you please tell me how to get pic up on my profile..haha! And I'd love to join my Ohio friends in this crazy journey..

0 Kudos
Rick_M

Welcome to the journey BLM and Eddie,  allot of good advice on this site. It helped me get to almost a year of no smoking. I live in a suburb of Canton.   

You both closing in on two weeks, no easy chore.   Many on here at different stages of their quit, join the crowd. It is alittle bit of misery luvs company.

0 Kudos
Rick_M

BTW blm, please notice I did not mention....... Hang in There

0 Kudos
done

112 days for me   OH-

0 Kudos
emt088

tomorrow makes 7 weeks for me.

0 Kudos
Rick_M

IO

0 Kudos
eddieg121

12 Days today and I feel good . I had my first cup of coffee in 5 days and I had no urge to lightup. But I know a cup of coffee sounds so trivial, But it's the behavior that I must be aware of.  I told everyone I came in contact with that I QUIT and when my QUIT date was,  That way I had a lot of people asking me when my QD was. reinforcing my will to QUIT. Now those same people in my life watch me like a hawk.  At work they buy me gum SUGARLESS. so let all your friends and family, co-workers know that you are QUITTING. 99% of them will support you.   What's the worse can happend ? You might get gum SUGARLESS. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

0 Kudos
mistydf

HELP, I HAVE REALLY NO SUPPORT, HUSBAND COULD REALLY CARE LESS IF I SMOKE OR NOT, CAUSE HE RUBS SNUFF, MY KIDS ASK ME TO QUIT EVERY NOW AND THEN BUT IT'S HARD. I HAVE JUST GOTTEN THE PATCHES BUT HAVEN'T HAD THE WILL POWER TO PUT ONE ON. ALSO GOING TO SMOKE THAT HALF HOUR LUNCH CALMS ME DOWN IN THE HECTIC JOB I HAVE AND THE WORKING IN A KITCHEN IN A NURSING HOME W/ WOMEN WHO ARE ALWAYS CARING ON, BECAUSE THEY  ARE AFRAID THEY MIGHT HAVE TO DO MORE WORK THAN SOMEONE ELSE.SO IF ANY ONE CAN HELP ME  I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.

0 Kudos
eddieg121

Mistydf don't worry about getting support right now.  You are not trying to please anyone at this point. you are doing it to get healthy and to live.  We all call it WILL power. you say you have not had the WILL to put the patch on, Let me share my experience with the PATCH, I started this journey back in December.  I tracked my cigarettes, became familiar with where and when I smoked, and why I smoked. And then the day came for me to QUIT which was 13 days ago. I had the WILL power but the biggest obstacle was F.E.A.R. Future Events Apearing Real.I was afraid to go to bed without having a pack of cigs close by, and in the morning getting up and not haviing one to start my day. Or  that cig while driving to work. But on the 2nd of march all the F.E.A.R. was gone I got up slapped on the patch grabbed a bottele of water went to my car and threw away my butt bucket. Once I did all that I had faced my F.E.A.R. You can to  I hope that I helped DOOD LUCK MISTYDF.

0 Kudos
eddieg121

TWO WEEKS TODAY AND COOL.                      I have learned a lot about myself in  two weeks, I realized that I can have fun without a cigarette, Oh yeah I don't need a cigarette to be or look cool, My grandson just noticed today that I have not been smoking, He says to me papa what happend to your ash tray? I told him I threw them away.and I told him that I had not had a cigarette in two weeks today! He says 14 days? I say yep. then he said papa that's cool. So I am having fun and enjoying every breath I take. So He says I"M cool. I felt so good. Good Luck everyone.  So that means that I have some cool friends here.                                                                                  

0 Kudos