cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lisa308

Advice!

I'm at Day 6 feeling good. In the past I've made it up to 3 months but then I get slammed and go directly to the gas station and buy cigarettes. It's like nothing can change my mind. Did this happen to anyone?  Any and all advice appreciated✌️  Lisa

0 Kudos
11 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome!

There are a few Gas Station posts so you're not alone.  I'm sure a couple others will come along shortly with their experience. Bottomline is, you're not alone.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

The first 4 months are when many people give up. They think they should be over it. Gas stations have nothing to do wit it. EMOTIONS

/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months 

JACKIE1-25-15

We have been at this point but through education we have learned to get through these tough times.  There is a lot of information here to help you.  You have to educate yourself about the addiction 

Read: Freedom from Nicotine My Journey Home and Nicotine Addiction 101         

Here are the links: http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksAAddiction.html   and http://whyquit.com/ffn/

I also encourage you to read. Allen Carr’s book, “Easy Easier Way to Quit Smoking”.       

The link is here:  http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

Go to http://www.becomeanex.org/how-to-quit-smoking.php#thl and get started. 

We will support you. You are on your journey to freedom .  
BESt advice is tp STAY CLOSE

elvan

Lisa308  Sorry, Lisa...PLEASE remember it is one day at a time and it sounds like you might be down to one minute at a time for now.  It's a journey.  The fact that you came here and did not go to the gas station to buy cigarettes is a HUGE step.  We hall struggled at the beginning and some even struggled for quite a time after that...this really IS a journey but I can PROMISE you that if you stick with it, it will get easier.  The more days you stack up, the easier it will get and the biggest bonus is that you will get to know yourself in ways that you never expected.  Honestly, I never expected that bonus.  I expected not to smell so bad and not to be so short of breath, I expected not to feel awful as I tried to sneak a cigarette but there is SO MUCH MORE.  Quitting smoking is empowering.  I am so glad you came here to blog.

Best,

Ellen

MarilynH

I am really glad you came here and blogged too and I hope you are doing the recommended reading that's suggested above me because there's a wealth of information here to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently and live a life of Freedom one precious smoke free day at a time or one hour, minute or even one second at a time but keep moving forward and stacking up your smoke free days because there's definitely life after cigarettes but you must stick with your quit. 

Jennifer-Quit

One day at a time - that is how we all did it!  Stay close to this site - the support available here makes all the difference in the world - and it is free of charge   In case you don't have it here is a link to a blog by aztec‌ that lists 100 things to do besides smoke - so stay busy!

100 Things to Do Besides Smoke

Congratulations on 6 days!

maryfreecig

Congratulations on choosing to quit. Sounds like you are worrying about dropping off your quit in the manner you have in the past. Might be a good idea to stick around, post, share, read, keep learning about the addiction. Ex is a great place for support through the ups and downs of quitting.

I'm glad you shared your doubts - Thank You! Congrats on your wonderful new quit! And that's what I recommend - put your past "quits" behind you! This is a whole new Day and you are taking things here one single Day at a time! Don't anticipate! As long as you stay smoke FREE today...and today....and today....you will create the future you dream of! We'll be here with each daily challenge you face ready to lend support and WIN the Day!

shashort

Welcome Lisa and congratulations on 6 days that is huge as you are about to leave hell week. As everyone else said stayed focused and it is one day at a time and sometime it may have to be minute by minute.  Read the information given to you about your nicotine addiction and the support here is awesome. Just holler when you need help and we alll will come running.  The big thing is you need to come here first before you go to smoking. You CAN do this!