cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Derik2354

I need some advice

Hey so I quit vaping 1 week and 4 days ago and my anxiety and chest tightness is still pretty strong.. also sweaty palms and feet. Just wondering if that’s something that is pretty normal at this point?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnExL8

I'm not an expert on vaping, though it sounds like you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms that would be common for many addictions. I think the best advice to you from me is to chat with the support coaches. Click the orange chat button to reach someone. If button is dark red - schedule a chat! Hang in there. 1 week + 4 days is great!

Barbscloud

@Derik2354 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your quit. Have you been reading material on the site to understand nicotine addition and to be prepared for life without vaping?  This link is a great place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

There can be many withdrawal symptoms when quitting. I'll never heard of sweaty palms/feet, but doesn't mean it's not the cause. Here's some common symptoms.

Withdrawal symptoms.png

Are you a member of the Ex with you employer or insurance?   If not, chatting won't be available for you.  But we're here for you, so reach out anytime.

Barb

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AnExL8 wrote:

I'm not an expert on vaping, though it sounds like you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms that would be common for many addictions. I think the best advice to you from me is to chat with the support coaches. Click the orange chat button to reach someone. If button is dark red - schedule a chat! Hang in there. 1 week + 4 days is great!

@AnExL8 Sounds like those chats with the EX Coaches has been helpful.

As @Barbscloud mentioned that feature isn't available to all members. It's only available to people who are sponsored there through their employer, health plan or some other entity. A majority of our members are free users and do not see the chat function but as you can see this community is a great place to reach out to others who have been through it. So keep stopping by @Derik2354 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos