cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

susie9

tomorrow is the day

Tomorrow is my quit date. I'm very nervous. I have my plan in place and I'm spending the whole day with people who don't know that I smoke so I NEVER smoked around them. I wonder if anyone has any last minute words of wisdom.
0 Kudos
19 Replies
jen-x

I don't have any words of wisdom, but I do wish to encourage you on your endeavors. Sounds like a good plan. Earlier this year I was at a family event with cousin I haven't spent a lot of time with since we were kids. I was in my cousin's just chatting and catching up with everyone and when it came time to leave I realized four hours had gone by and I hadn't once thought about a smoke. I stuck with water, but take a deep breath and go for it....
Good Luck and let us know how it goes....
0 Kudos
susie9

how long have you been smoke free?
0 Kudos
susie9

Thank you for the website. I hope it helps
0 Kudos
susie9

Just tried that website, but the site says that it doesn't exist. Bummer
0 Kudos
jen-x

I quit smoking, at the beginning of April for five days. My new quit date is 5/27. I pledge I won't quit, quitting! Are you with me?
0 Kudos
milli2

I'm chewing dentine Ice gum and yes dark chocolate is good too
0 Kudos
anne7

I told myself when I first quit and had a craving "You've made it for so much time without a cig. Just wait 1o minutes before you light one up." When the 10 minutes was up I was usually over the crave but if not, I'd tell myself I'd made it for 10 minutes without a cig so why not wait another 10 before lighting one up? It worked pretty well for me those first few agonizing days. I'm with you-you will have such a feeling of pride in yourself at the end of the day if you manage to resist. I also just tell my brain, when it sends out those messages to "shut the *** up!" out loud.
You're more determined than you think. Anne
0 Kudos
susie9

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. Today has been harder than I expected. Getting up, getting dressed after breakfast; all my triggers were there. I have had a piece of Nicorette gum and I commit lozenge. We are off to a party with non-smokers so I hope that will make it easier. BUT there will be drinking and that is a huge trigger for me. I plan on chewing alot of gum.
0 Kudos
cindy25

It gets better! Really it does! Stay Strong.
I have been quit for 2 Weeks, 17 hours, 3 minutes and 27 seconds (14 days). I have saved $51.47 by not smoking 147 cigarettes. I have saved 12 hours and 15 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 5/11/2008 5:13 PM
0 Kudos