cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Deagovin

Tomorrow is the day!!

So tomorrow is the big Q day.  And I'm honestly kind of worried with how it's gonna go.  I've been weaning myself down.  I've been mentally preparing myself.  I have coffee chew pouches to placebo my brain a bit.  Now it's mostly just determination and support.  Thank you everyone here for the kudos and kind words.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
biscuit9

Try to look at this as a very positive thing, because it IS.   Are you varying between nervous and excited?    You are adding years to your life, you are rescuing your lungs from punishment.  You will have more energy.  You will grow, because every spare moment you aren't shoving a cig in your face and sitting in a cloud of smoke. Every inch of your body will be thanking you.  Just have your plans in place.  If you have cravings, use that nrt, gum, hard candy or whatever you have chosen, DO THAT instead of self harm.  The addict in you does not want to let go, so don't listen to the addict.  You deserve a life FREE from nicotine.  Write, read Allen Carr' book, but have a plan.  Positive thoughts your way.

biscuit9

Forgot to mention, write yourself a letter or a journal.  Write down all the reasons you hate smoking.  It will be useful to refer to later.

0 Kudos
PhxRising

Today is my quit day. Up and down. It's so stupid for a smart person. It won't kill us, right? RIGHT?!? We will do this. No trying, just done. Right?!? 

Barbscloud

@Deagovin You got this.  You're done the preparation.   Approaching your quit one day at a time will help to alleviate the anxiety.  Stay close today and reach out if you need us!

Barb

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@PhxRising Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your first day of success.  Consider posting to My Journal/Blogs to introduce yourself to the community and receive some well deserved support.

You can win that internal battle by educating yourself about nicotine addiction and putting a plan in place with how you'll deal with cravings, identifying your triggers and creating the new associations you'll create instead of smoking. This comes into play when you're having cravings in the morning. What can you do instead of smoking? Change up your routine. Go for walk, read material on the Ex, if you drink coffee, for example, drink it in a different place, etc. Be creative.

And you just found an amazing group of quitters here to support you on this journey to becoming an Ex. There will be ups and downs, but that is part of the journey. We're here for you, so just reach out anytime we can help or want to share your experience.

This link is a great place to get you started on the right track. https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Consider taking the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb