cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

suzanne3

quitting jan 2

nervous, excited, anxious....i really have to do it. i'm a year out of cancer and i can't believe that i haven't given up smoking yet. i'm actually mortified about it. the hospital we used asked me to be their poster child for semi younger people who contract cancer (i'm 45) and my picture is up all over town on billboards, in the mall, newspapers, magazines and they have an ad at the movies. i feel like such a hypocrite. all these people that recognize me now, i feel like if they saw me smoking....well, i;m sure you all get it. it has become so socially unacceptable...we are the pariahs of society now and i, for one am so tired of it. there's so much i need to get out, but it's new years eve and i have friends coming so i have to go cook. i'm sure i'll be here ALOT over the next few weeks. happy new year all!

suzanne
0 Kudos
12 Replies
enisa-becaj

today i decide to quit. i am scared that i gonna be good gor a couple hours and then ill go to ask my brother in low for a cigaret. i wish everyone a good luck, and i hope to God this time i really quit!
0 Kudos
susan52

That's the addict in your head that does not know what is going on and wants you to smoke. I found this post very helpful to me the past 24 hours, and am sharing it with you in case it helps.

page=1&commentId=1983560%3AComment%3A557063&x=1#1983560Comment557063
0 Kudos
suzanne3

thanks susan, but the link didn't work 😞 i can't stand this. i really want to give in. i threw my cigs in the firplace last night and noticed that a bunch didn't burn, they're just laying in the front. have i gotten rid of them??? NO...i keep looking at them. i need to do this!
0 Kudos