cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Giulia

out of commission for a while/update

fell & dislocated pinkie on right hand in 3 places.  in a splint.  back when I can.  be good!

=================== 

Update 8/1/19

Not sure why the NP (nurse practitioner) said it was dislocated in three places (looks like only one to me from the xray), but just wanted to add the actual image of the xray as it might be interesting to those who have never seen what a complete dislocation looks like.  (Sure was interesting to me!)  I found Greg's xray of his spleen really interesting and illuminating  (not that we're comparing ailments, his is much more severe)  so thought I'd stick in a couple of what a dislocated finger looks like.  It's kinda amazing to see.  (Let alone to experience!)

Pinkie Right1.png   Pinkie Right2.png

It WAS put back in place.  And "buddy wrapped" and they gave me a splint.  Still swollen, (icing off and on) but trying to be more active with it.  Not being too good about keeping the splint on during the day, (unless I'm doing something stressful with the hand) but do sleep with it.  

44 Replies
MarilynH

Ouch ouch and ouch again, gentle hug coming your way Giulia I'm so sorry sending up good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery! ♥️

0 Kudos
TriGirl

Oh my goodness, no!!!  Thinking of you and hoping you are feeling better soon!!! 

0 Kudos
Sootie

It SIMPLY will not be the same without you!!!! Hurry back....................................

KISS  KISS

Giulia

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks everybody.  Not in a whole lot of pain - not like Nancy.  Just can't do much.  Love you guys.  Later...  ♥♥♥

MarilynH

♥️♥️♥️

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Oh, no!  Not being able to do much IS a pain. I am, though, glad to hear you only broke your pinkie!!!  My pain is actually not so bad  - controlled by 800 mg ibuprofen....so how bad can it be?

The worst parts are the fight aftermath worthy face mess and liquid diet.  Still cheating some - but I DO let it come to room temperature and kind of throw food on my tongue and then right down my throat.  Protein powder and shakes might be OK to substitute for one meal, maybe even two, but they do NOT work for THREE!  I felt as though I was starving to death and was being awakened in the middle of the night with hunger pains.  Had to do something - so i did.

I hope you heal well and quickly and are back to chain sawing in no time!

indingrl

Awe hope you heal quickly too hunger pains are just awful - gentle hug❤

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Well wishes out to you too Giulia 

shashort

Oh NO Giulia  so sorry to hear out your fall.  Oh do I ever know how hard it is to type with sore fingers. Sending love and wishing you a speedy recovery. 

0 Kudos
avian3

Hope you feel better soon!

0 Kudos