cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Giulia

out of commission for a while/update

fell & dislocated pinkie on right hand in 3 places.  in a splint.  back when I can.  be good!

=================== 

Update 8/1/19

Not sure why the NP (nurse practitioner) said it was dislocated in three places (looks like only one to me from the xray), but just wanted to add the actual image of the xray as it might be interesting to those who have never seen what a complete dislocation looks like.  (Sure was interesting to me!)  I found Greg's xray of his spleen really interesting and illuminating  (not that we're comparing ailments, his is much more severe)  so thought I'd stick in a couple of what a dislocated finger looks like.  It's kinda amazing to see.  (Let alone to experience!)

Pinkie Right1.png   Pinkie Right2.png

It WAS put back in place.  And "buddy wrapped" and they gave me a splint.  Still swollen, (icing off and on) but trying to be more active with it.  Not being too good about keeping the splint on during the day, (unless I'm doing something stressful with the hand) but do sleep with it.  

44 Replies
Barbara145

So sorry G.  I know it must hurt like the dickens.  It is night conducive to typing on a keyboard.  Feel better.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I beat that really hurts.

I am just a call away.  

Barbscloud

Take care.

Barb

0 Kudos
elvan

OUCH, honey, I dislocated my little toe but it is a TOE, it's not like I need it to type, I cannot imagine a finger, that SOUNDS painful.  I am so sorry.  Was your fall at least an exciting story?  Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Get back here soon.

Love,

Ellen

Giulia

No doubt, knowing you, you just popped your toe back in by yourself.  I thought about trying it but didn't know if it was broken or dislocated or what.  I'll tell u though - it is THE WEIRDEST thing in the world to see your finger bent in the wrong way, like a doll's rubber finger.  I mean it looks like it doesn't belong to your body.  It's quite a shocking visual!

"It's just a toe" yeah but you have to walk on your feet.  With a finger you don't HAVE to use it.  And you can always use the other hand for flipping the bird to some jerk who cuts you off in a car.  lol  besides, with a pinkie, it kind of looks like you're being especially wonderfully pretentious holding a wine glass.

The only excitement was in the docs office.  I'll relay that story when I have a little more  mobility.  How's your toe?  elvan

0 Kudos
elvan

Giulia‌ I DID push it back into place and tape it...it didn't feel good but I have done it more than once and I think that toe has very little intact bone left.  I also put a finger back into place years ago, it was my index finger and you're right, it did not look like it belonged to my hand.  I did have to wear a splint for that one for a while.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Ummmm hmmmm.  I figger'd you'd be savvy and tough enough to do so!

Mandolinrain

Oh No!!!! I am glad that's all that got injured. Im so sorry. Sending much love your way, you will be missed here, but time to take care of you. images.jpeg

0 Kudos
DavesTime

Oh no, I'm sorry, Giulia!  Take care of yourself and heal quickly!

0 Kudos
SimplySheri

Yikes!!  Must hurt like heck   Heal well!!  

0 Kudos