cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

coffee-mom

oops....Hi all!

Well I just joined today, I thought I would put my quit date on Feb. 15 (the day after my 39th birthday) but the program is asking me to make it March 15th so I can enter my cigs daily and figure out my triggers.  I guess I will take that day of March 15th,  deep down I'm thinking WOOO-HOOOO  one more month to smoke!!!  but deep down I know it should have been years ago.  My kids are 7 and 8.  I hate being the only mom who smokes and feels like I have to hide it.  Although I'm sure I stink and all the other moms know I smoke.  God that makes me feel like a total loser, wondering what those other parents think of me.  Do they think I'm white trash for smoking?  Maybe I have to hang on to that feeling for when those cravings get bad! 

I have tried to quit before, and really the first two days seemed easy, its the third day and after that I am a sucker for.  I'm my own worst enemy!  Its when I'm alone that I end up talking myself into buying a pack.  This time I have to do it!!!!   For my kids, my family and myself.

Good Luck to all of you!!!! 

Coffee mom

0 Kudos
1 Reply
theresa29

Well Coffee mom, it isn't just a stuggle for you. I'm a mother and I smoke too. I really don't care what other people think, because if I did, I would probably keep smoking. My situation is different from yours, my boyfriend and most of my family smoke. I passed my last quit date and had to restart. My next quit date is next week and noone knows of my plans. Started taking chantix today in secret. I have hid my prescription, because I feel that if everyone knew then they wouldn't be as supportive. You may feel the need to quit because of a conviction. Many people do, but you really have to start with yourself. Write down the reasons why you want to quit that are just based on you, then move outward. You have to do this for you. I believe that everyone here can do it if they set their minds to it. So with that I want to wish you good luck, and stay encouraged.

0 Kudos