cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

nicotine patch making my arm hurt?

I know it's supposed to itch and burn... but it seems like the muscle is hurting. Maybe it is all in my mind.

Another question: I have looked on the internet a little, but does anyone have any firsthand experience or information about the interaction of the patch with Adderall?

determined.hera - Free and Healing for 3 Hours and 41 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy , by avoiding the use of 3 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $1.03.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
tempest

I tried the patches and they itched and turned my skin red...but I am allergic to the adhesive of the patches. I don't know if there is any interaction with adderall or any other kind of medication. I wish you the best of luck on your endevour to find out. Let us know what you find. Sorry I wasn't more help. But if I wre you I would chat with the pharmacist, doctor, and the makers of the patches.
0 Kudos
rebecca14

Omg I am so glad I wasn't the only one! I thought I might be going crazy! I wore the patch for the first 3 days of my quit and I thought I was having a heart attack the first day because I had it on my left arm! Then the next day when it went to my right arm the pain was back. I think it is just the patch! How is your quit going otherwise? Things relatively easy for you? Good luck honey!
0 Kudos
rachel-h.

I can't wear the patch b/c I'm also allergic to the adhesive... I would keep an eye on it! The quit process is painful enough, and you don't want anything that will deter you from getting better. If you don't want to go to the doc just yet, you can call a quit hotline and they can help you figure out what will work best for you. Good luck!!
0 Kudos
patty17

I have that same problem, a patch will make your arm ache!
0 Kudos
marilyn26

have you tried switching to a diffrent patch? not all of them are made with the same adhesives. i find that i cant wear the name brand one nicoderm really, but i switched to no name brand and it worked just as well but i didnt have the pain that i had with the other one.
0 Kudos
marilyn26

LOL colleen, thats funny, when im feeling a really bad cravings, i will start rubbing where the patch is thinking it might distribute some extra jolt. it helps me out alot to do that too. 😉
0 Kudos
colleen9

It does hurt but it should not last I have my patch on right now, and have used them in the past. The nicotine is absorbed through the skin and will irritate the tissue beneath, but don't worry its not permanent. The weird thing when it does, burn, itch and hurt at least it lets me know its working. Sometimes if I get an urge I will put some pressure on the patch and it will burn a little and take the urge away, I know it sounds weird but it helps me. Good luck and don't be discouraged, your doing awesome!!
0 Kudos
samar

Second day on the patch. I do have that pain in the location of the patch, it feels like I have just had a vaccine in that arm or location. So far the patch is helping me in the way that I am not going through nicotine withdrawal symptoms, but I am craving those cigarettes like crazy. I decided to stay home and not go out at all so that I don't weaken and take the patch off and buy me a pack. I am sleeping alot so that I don't think about cigarettes. I have my windows open to allow the smell to get out of my house.. I don't know what else to do... Good luck everyone
0 Kudos