cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

emily1127

juul

i use a juul, its crazy how addictive they are & in my opinion i believe in some cases its 100% worse than cigs.  ive tried to quit & ive gotten better at hitting it less but i literally dont think id be able to function without it as dumb as that sounds.  does anyone else have one & feel like this 

7 Replies
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s emily1127 

Glad you found our site...it is not dumb...many of us addicts feel the same way...we convinced ourselves we couldn’t live with the smokes...and with time and quitting, we find there are other ways to handle life without smoking through it...I suggest to all new quitters to read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX (substitute smoking cigarettes with Juul)...here you will make a quit date and make the quit personal to you.  Also, you will become knowledgeable in quitting.  Then read the blogs ... go to the top of this page on the right hand side is a magnifier, click on it and type in key words ( Juul and quitting, etc., ) you will find others quitting Juul...Quitting is doable, but takes hard work...substituting smoking with healthier things...such as breathing, exercising, water, sit-ups, puzzle, etc., /blogs/Maggie_quit_8-1-2010-blog/2012/03/19/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoking?sr=search&searchId=8... 

Keep close to the support site to encourage others on this journey and to get help...You are worth the quit...now get working...~ Colleen 272 DOF 

AllieAllerson

I feel that way too Emily. I threw both of mine out today and had tried everything to stop until going cold turkey today (19 hours ago). I had started setting a timer so I would only use it once per an hour and one day I even tried once every two hours but I found I was never able to control it and would always end up hitting it before bed, when I woke up, driving, after eating, etc. I have been doing it for about a year now and did not smoke prior to using it. If I can do this I feel like you can as well. Reading all the support here has really helped me today. 

sweetplt

AllieAllerson Congratulations on 19 hours ...almost 1 day quit, will be day won...hang in there hon ~

~ Colleen 272 DOF 

AllieAllerson

Thank you Colleen!  

JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome to EX, yes we have more people coming with the same issue and the same thoughts as you.  However, addiction to nicotine is the same the only difference is the device you are using.  I believe because the product is promoted to help quit smoking that it is easier to use.  Not an annoyance to others and people feel okay doing it.  Of course this my opinion only.  The good news is that with the help of this support community you can kick this addiction.  https://www.becomeanex.org/quitting-e-cigarettes/Here is a good place to start. . 

0 Kudos
PrimeNumberJD

Emily, 

ive tried to quit & ive gotten better at hitting it less but i literally dont think id be able to function without it as dumb as that sounds.

Yes, totally thought I could never function without nicotine, I've totally functioned without it for 60 days! 

Addiction is crazy and it loves to hold on. It also makes 0 sense all of the time. 

Before you Juul'ed, did you function? 

Welcome to the community, get smart on nicotine addiction, YoungAtHeart‌ will be along with some great advice. 

While you may think smoking and the JUUL are different, they are very similar. This is one of the reasons JUUL has been advertising it as a "safe" alternative to cigarettes. Replace smoking with vaping in the forums, and the advice will still be relevant! 

YoungAtHeart

I have not figured out how to cut and paste on my new tablet.....maybe I will look to find the welcome as a blog to link it.  I also did one for vaping, figuring we would be welcoming more of them after the lung disease news.  Hopefully I will be home by the end of the week and will have access to the documents again.

Thanks for the compliment on them...you never know how things are being received.  All I know is that the info I link helped ME when I quit!