cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pete8

hellooooo to all

Hello everyone just wanted to introduce myself I'm Pete I am 11 days into my quit not easy at all my ohh my the hardest thing I have ever done . I believe we all can do it if just believe in ourselves and try to stay super strong we are worth it
hang tough everyone
Pete
0 Kudos
6 Replies
SaraSmile

Photobucket
11 DAYS! GREAT QUIT YOU'VE GOT GOING PETE!
Now just sit back and enjoy the ride! This is the best place to be, to get and stay smoke free!
You'll find so many caring, strong and wonderful people here!
Makes quitting FUN (kinda sorta)!
Have a great, smoke free weekend!
Sara
Prosper in peace
0 Kudos
jennie3

I like your train of thought! I feel the same way it is the hardest thing I have ever done but also the best! 11 days rocks stay strong and positive you are doing great! I am glad you found your way here! Please feel free to drep a line whenever
0 Kudos
sharon54

Hey Pete, welcome to the site!! You will find many wonderful people and ideas here. 11 Days - woohooooo - you're beyond the physical addiction now. Again, welcome!
0 Kudos
polly2

Hi Pete and welcome! It sounds like you have a great attitude!! Tell yourself that smoking is not an option -- it can help turn off unwanted thoughts of cigarettes! We are definitely worth it for sure!! It makes life so much easier! This past weekend I stayed in a smoke free hotel on the 4th floor. Had I of been smoking, I would have been going up and down and in and out to get my fix and stinking like an old ashtray as well! It was such a good feeling not to have to do that -- much more enjoyable and relaxing! Way to go on 11 days -- that's awesome!! Keep on keepin' on Pete -- we're all here to support you!!
0 Kudos
edith2

Hey Pete! Congradulations on your 11 days! Smoking is the hardest addiction I ever quit too. There were so many times I didn't think I'd make it. I just tried to stay as busy as I could. I made a promise to myself to remember how hard it was when I first quit to remind me not to go back to smoking and have to go through it all over again. So far that is one of the things that has helped me and it's been over 4 years. I no longer cough and I don't have that raspy sound in my throat when I breathe. I don't stink and my home doesn't stink. I look at people smoking now and I wonder to myself how I ever enjoyed such a nasty habit. I'm not any better as a person than smokers, I'm just happier being a non-smoker.
0 Kudos
pete8

thanks to everyone for a very warm welcome
Pete
0 Kudos