cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Pholland10

anyone else feel sad that many things they enjoy won't be fun anymore if they can't smoke?

it's been 2 weeks smoke free for me and that's the thought that keeps running thru my mind

Tags (1)
44 Replies
elvan

Pholland10  Stay close to the site, it is a HUGE help, I have been overwhelmed by the support here more than once...and I have been here since January 2014.  We are here, we all had to start at the beginning, there are no shortcuts so we have all been where you are.  I don't think we forget but, you know what?  It's still nice to be reminded of the doubts at the beginning of a quit...we all had them and staying close, doing the reading, making the commitment, and getting the support will bring you through.  We WANT to help you.

Glad you are here and that you are asking questions and participating.  

Ellen

Deb-EX

((Hugs))

0 Kudos
elvan

Right back atcha.

Brianairb2

pastedImage_1.png

nope.

Jamesjb

I kind of feel that a little, then I remind myself that it's all in my head, I can enjoy it all, and save my lungs and heart.

0 Kudos
IrishRose

Nope; not one bit.  The benefits of not doing that anymore far outweigh any thought of benefit from smoking.  When you quit, you open up your life to nothing but a better life for you and those around you, most importantly your health and the health of loved ones.

Irish Rose

ampan75

better start going to places where smoking is restricted. you will know how free you are. it's freedom from slavery 

karenjones

Not me. I hate smoking.

annaaustin623

Well I can see the thought, I was a heavy smoker but honestly I am excited to not be pinned down by the "when and where can I smoke next" thoughts

elvan

I would hate to think that my enjoyment of life was dependent upon smoking.  My death would certainly be hastened by smoking, I would like to enjoy life as a clean and friendly experience, the way it is SUPPOSED to be.

You are on the right track annaaustin623‌ and karenjones‌...smoking is lethal.

Ellen