cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SuzyQ411

YET ANOTHER SMOKING DREAM

Tomorrow, it will be eight months since I've had even one puff on a cigarette. AND -- perhaps in celebration of that? -- I had yet another smoking dream

Since my dreams are really whacky things that seem to call for a Freudian interpretation, I will not go into it.

However, I will announce that I am still smoke-free in real life, and on the verge of my eight month celebration!!

Whoopee! 

28 Replies
Christine13

Happy 8 months Suzy!!!  Such an AWESOME accomplishment!!

You Rock!!

SuzyQ411

thank you stars.jpg

Thank you, my friend..now I have my sights on One Year free

0 Kudos
MarilynH

A super duper CONGRATULATIONS Suzy on your fantastic fabulous beautiful glorious wonderful humongous ginormous magnificent amazing spectacular splendiferous stupendous awesome precious Smokefree months and counting WTG my friend and fellow EXer and most definetly EXtended family YAY for Smokefree living and YAY for each and every Day WON because LIFE really is Grand without a Cigarette in Hand! Let's CELEBRATEbecause I absolutely love CELEBRATING MILESTONES........

6179d08adbde7edf72353f1ab6360437.jpg

SuzyQ411

WOW Marilyn MarilynH‌ What a fantastic congratulatory note. And, great job of spelling all those big words, lol.

thank you smiley.jpg

0 Kudos

Congrats SuzyQ411‌! So proud of you! I have never had a smoking dream, but it's extremely rare I remember my dreams, so maybe I just don't remember them?

SuzyQ411

LOL smiling_accountant‌... on not remembering your dreams...Yes, perhaps you've had them but just don't recall them. As for me, the dream in itself is generally a somewhat common "storyline" until I suddenly show up with a lit cigarette, which I'm smoking. When I first wake up, I remember I was smoking and then I recall the storyline. It's bizarre but not uncommon for those quitting cigarettes, I have learned...

Thanks for your support on my quit. I don't know if you are aware of my story, but I am definitely not one who would have been considered to suceed at quitting smoking. This is really a big deal for me and I sincerely appreciate your congratulations!

thank you ribbon.jpg

green1611

Congratulations ! WoW

Great achievement !! Keep it on.

Dreams are there to make you feel like, dreams are what is deep mind. So gradually the desire to smoke goes, and so the frequency of dreams.  

I used to get dreams, and when I get up from such smoking dreams, there used to be tears (actual) in my eyes.... so these are beyond imaginations...

Now I am free from Smoking 2476 plus days, and even initial days / night dreaming went off.

All the best !

SuzyQ411

Thank you green1611‌ for your supportive and uplifting response. And yes, you are right, the frequency of my smoking dreams has lessened as time has gone on. I am sooo happy for you and your fantastic quit!! Almost 7 years, if my math is right...WOW!!! 

green1611

thanks a Lot. All the best.