cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SuzyQ411

YET ANOTHER SMOKING DREAM

Tomorrow, it will be eight months since I've had even one puff on a cigarette. AND -- perhaps in celebration of that? -- I had yet another smoking dream

Since my dreams are really whacky things that seem to call for a Freudian interpretation, I will not go into it.

However, I will announce that I am still smoke-free in real life, and on the verge of my eight month celebration!!

Whoopee! 

28 Replies
SuzyQ411

laughing til crying.jpg You just gave me another of those deep out loud belly laughs that I think might make the  other renters in the house wonder what in the heck is going on down here, Dr. Dale JonesCarpeDiem‌... 

But seriously I thank you for your support; I was definitely an "iffy" quitter due to my poor track record. So I'm amazed I've gone this long and attribute my success to the EX site and its members 

elvan

SO glad you are here SuzyQ411‌, you have really been a great addition to the site.  Congratulations on 8 months...just a couple of hours from now, I may still be up then but the computer will have gone to bed by then.

I am really happy for you and happy that you are here!

Hugs,

Ellen

SuzyQ411

thank you finger paints.jpgI appreciate your ongoing support, my dear friend~

Giulia

I've been quit for almost 15 years and have had a smoking dream about once a month.  Until recently.  I think It's because I took a hiatus from the site.  In any event, my smoking dreams for the most part are not horribly unpleasant.  In the beginning of my quit I had a few doozies from which I'd awaken with heart pounding terror that I'd actually blown my quit, but mostly I've found myself smoking, been kind of surprised by it  and thought - so what.  Which I find most curious.  I'd lied to all of you and didn't think anything of it.  Don't have any answers as to the psychology of it, but that's what's been true for the majority of my quit dreams.  I suspect it's because I am willing to recognize and accept the fact that I could relapse at any moment.  I am also willing to recognize and accept that I don't smoke any more.  

Anyway, I think smoking dreams are just a part of many of our quit lives and they're a natural means of sloughing off our old smoking selves.  

Kudos on the 8 months, Suzy.  I'm so glad I've been able to watch and participate in your journey to freedom.  

SuzyQ411

Thanks for your honest and thoughtful response Giulia‌... I have come to agree with you that these dreams are a part of the healing process; in the beginning, I was unsettled as were you. Now it seems they are helping to facilitate my metamorphosis into a non-smoker. 

Also, I want to add that I am so thankful for your support and guidance during my 8.5 months on the EX!thank you folksy.jpg

Giulia

Now THAT's the kind of response that makes me want to stay here another 13 years!  I'm thankful you've been paying attention to all of us.  Because you have a beautiful quit going!  (grin)

Legend

Congratulations on 8 months that is great Yay!!!

SuzyQ411

thank you in colors.jpg I really appreciate your support Legend‌ !! 

Barbscloud

Well it's 8 months now.  Big congratulations.

Barb

SuzyQ411

YES!! Eight months. Thanks for your support Barbscloud

thank you with baloons.jpg

0 Kudos